Put together an photo album for my Delia

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow she's beautiful.

Love the wizard too. :)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Thanks! You should hear them both together :D. The Delia is a tone monster, as is the Wizard. I've had recording engineers who have seen and heard it all do a double-take when they've heard this rig...followed by their jaws hitting the floor...lol

I'm going to be selling both. Changing up my rig a bit. Going back to playing Harry Joyce amps, and I might order another Delia with a bigger neck. This one has an R9 sized neck, but I need R8 or bigger due to some hand problems I have.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    That's a beautiful guitar, man!

I just ran into somebody that had one a few weeks ago, and it played like a dream! I had never played one before. They're a bit reminiscent of a guitar I had once and should never have sold. The Martin F65.
    http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=123

The Delia I played had the same neck as yours, I believe. I like the smaller necks rather than the 58 style, as MY hands are giving me a hard time, too. My hands seem to like smaller necks now. I guess age and bad form eventually catches up!

I love a Bigsby style semi hollowbody and yours is definitely a beaut! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

My Delia's neck is actually bigger than the standard Delia carve, which is ver similar to a 60s slim taper. Kelly carved mine to be R9-ish, but I'm a freak when it comes to necks. I need something like an R8 or bigger. I prefer .905 to 1.00 like my TCM mild V neck.

This one might stay with me for a few reasons...not the least of which is monsterous tone. I requested Fralin P-92's instead of the Bill Lawrence pickups. The Fralin's are noiseless P-90's...crazy nice pickups...probably my favorite pickups ever (though I have a soft spot for TV Jones Filtertrons too) :D