Harry Joyce in the house!

enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Jesus Christ! I didn't think it was possible for anything to sound better than my Wizard Modern Classic. I had owned an original HJ (built by Harry and George Scholz), and it was as good as the rhythm channel of my Modern Classic. The new HJ is BETTER! I'm stunned by that...truly beside myself.

Ed should hang up his Hiwatts and switch to the HJ's. I don't think it would take much to convince him if he could just plug into one for a few minutes. Harry Joyce wired the Reeve's era Hiwatts that we all know and love. This new version of the HJ circuit was the last design approved by Harry. It was slated to go into production at the time of his death. George Scholz had already retrofitted Rich Robinson's amps with the updates, and that is the sound you've heard from Rich for the last few years.

I can't say enough about this amp. My only regret is that I can't afford 2 more...lol. The Wizard rocks in a different way...it's the mother of all Marshall tones...the AC/DC sound. The HJ has a sound that's all its own, and I look forward to getting it on tape over the next few months :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah, and it's turrett tracked and built like fort knox.

I love HJ. congrats.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • LikeLukinLikeLukin Posts: 29
    ed already hung up his hiwatt for those shitty fenders
  • LikeLukin wrote:
    ed already hung up his hiwatt for those shitty fenders

now now.....the "shitty" fenders are sounding good. Its the other two guitar players i woudl be worried about. Stone is now a "Clean Slate" and mike seems confused.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • LikeLukinLikeLukin Posts: 29
    now now.....the "shitty" fenders are sounding good. Its the other two guitar players i woudl be worried about. Stone is now a "Clean Slate" and mike seems confused.

i couldn't agree more about mike and stone, but I think Eddie's tone sucks ass too.