any drummers round these parts?

schnitzschnitz Posts: 4
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
All the threads i see seem to be about guitar, guitar, guitar. Drummers unite!

I've been playing for about 2 years, and have a tama superstar. My usual stick is a vic firth plastic tip 7a.

....yeah.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeh i'm a drummer , also been playing a little more thatn two years, i recently got a Pearl Export 7 piece (5 toms yayy!!), i've played about 15 gigs, have recorded twice and i'm only fifteen so go me!!!

i also play Vic Firth sticks and continually change stick makes when a break a pair(started on Q-Tips, Zildjian signature, Vic Firth ....)

i have a Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hats and ZBT Ride/Crash (mostly used as a Ride), a Zildjian ZXT China, and finally an A Custom Splash. For some reason I don't have a Crash and never have.

Where do you live? As you can see i'm a Paddy
    If anyone has any good ideas for band names PM me cause me and my band are amazingly stuck for ideas. Darn that band Pearl Jam for having such a cool name
  • schnitzschnitz Posts: 4
    i live on long island. people round here suck, at least most of em. they all love emo.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    schnitz wrote:
    i live on long island. people round here suck, at least most of em. they all love emo.

Hey Long Island, I love emo, too.

Whatchoo got?

Damn drummers.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I played drums for at least a few years when I was a kid. I plan to finally buy a nice kit within the next 2 years. man I can't wait. I'm jelous of you guys.
  • dreadheaddreadhead Posts: 64
    ive played drums for 7 years and have a 5 piece tama swingstar (a beat up one, coz i cant afford a new one) w/ zildjian cymbals. i like to use zildijian sticks 5B or john tempstar customs and also have a pair of lars ulrich aheads.
    "I wish I was Australian at home under the sun" Eddie- Perth 03
  • totaledheadtotaledhead Posts: 197
    yeh i'm a drummer , also been playing a little more thatn two years, i recently got a Pearl Export 7 piece (5 toms yayy!!), i've played about 15 gigs, have recorded twice and i'm only fifteen so go me!!!

i also play Vic Firth sticks and continually change stick makes when a break a pair(started on Q-Tips, Zildjian signature, Vic Firth ....)

i have a Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hats and ZBT Ride/Crash (mostly used as a Ride), a Zildjian ZXT China, and finally an A Custom Splash. For some reason I don't have a Crash and never have.

Where do you live? As you can see i'm a Paddy

I too am a Paddy!
    Been playin the drumz for 3 years now and I'm also 15. I've got a yamaha dtxpress 2 electric kit which is basically 2 floating toms, one floor tom, snare, bass drum, crash and crash/ride and has about 50 different kits in it and has room to make about 30 of your own kits which rocks. I won my schools battle of the bands but thats about as close as I've gotten to gigging but I'm workin on it with my crappy little band.
    Cool to see some more young irish PJ fans I'm happy I'm not the only one.

T.
  • HundHund Posts: 9
    I like my yamaha stage custom. I can play Lukin.
  • artin90artin90 Posts: 66
    i have a gretsch catalina birch playing 2 1/2 years now. im buying a guitar and learning how to play too. I love just putting a pj boot on and playing along with it. its like riding an ocean
    “ ahh…. Yaa…. If you trust me at all… if you wanna listen to me at all… which you certainly don’t have to. Speaking from experience I can tell you that things change. You could believe me, you don’t have to. They probably won’t change, unless you make them. The best way to change something around you, something you don’t like, is.. to change yourself. I don’t think you want other people changing you.. I think.. I think.. the only person you want changing you… is yourself. So if you ain’t happy…. If you’re reading magazines about generation x’s and thinking ‘ya im one of them’ well fuck that…. Don’t let anybody tell you who you are. No… No…. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am but that would be a long story… I can tell you who I am and it wouldn’t fit in a Rolling Stone…. It wouldn’t fit in a video… it wouldn’t… its my life…. Its your life. Youre the only one that knows who you are. I hope you know who you are. If you don’t know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are some body. And Im probably stating the obvious. But I just thought I would do it anyway. So if you fell like you got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you cant speak. Take it off, Speak up. Speak your Mind. Shout it Out. Let ‘em Hear Ya. Shout it out…… YAAA YAAAAA yAAAAAAAAAAA.” Eddie Vedder (Porch ’96 Randle Island 2)

10/22/03
    Ten, No Code, Vs., Yield, Riot Act, Vitalogy, Binaural

• *Toastie*Toastie Posts: 59
    I got a Pearl Masters with a bunch of Zildjian A's. And i got a Pearl Rhythm traveler which is rather handy. I play drums full time.
    www.myspace.com/allmankind