Overman is coming... to Carbondale, Madison, Bloomington and Aurora

MookieBlaylock5v1MookieBlaylock5v1 Posts: 353
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
My band is hitting the road these next two weeks, playing some college towns for the first time. If you are in the area and like some groove-oriented rock, swing on by!

FRI, MARCH 31st
HANGAR 9 - 9:30 PM
511 S. Illinois Ave
Carbondale, IL

http://www.thehangar9.com
opening for Groovatron - $4 cover

SAT, APRIL 1st
THE KLINIC - 9 PM
520 S. Park Street
Madison, WI

http://www.theklinicbar.com
$5 cover - playing w/ a cover band called Sand

SAT, APRIL 8th
Illinois State University Springfest - 12:30 PM
ISU Campus Quad
Normal, IL

FREE show - rise and shine for an early afternoon performance!

WED, APRIL 12th
WALTER PAYTON'S ROUNDHOUSE - 10 PM
205 N. Broadway (Route 25)
Aurora, IL

http://www.americasbrewpub.com
FREE show! No freakin' cover!

Check out our eclectic MP3s at
http://www.myspace.com/overmaniscoming

Thanks, and be well!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    GRRRREAT....... your band is named after a River Plate player... :rolleyes:

You could've at least named it after a Boca Jrs. one... :p

lmao! :D ok, I'm 100% sure it wasn't named after a football (soccer) player, but I'm just passing along the info that it could've been...haha :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • dude you're going to love the hangar 9 in carbondale. my band used to play there when i was in college at siu. you'll have to stop and get a "burrito as big as your head" from la bamba after the show.....its about a block up the street from the hangar...have a great show!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dude you're going to love the hangar 9 in carbondale. my band used to play there when i was in college at siu. you'll have to stop and get a "burrito as big as your head" from la bamba after the show.....its about a block up the street from the hangar...have a great show!

Cool! We've never played a show down at SIU before, so we're really stoked. The headlining band Groovatron usually packs 'em in down there, so there should be a good turnout overall.

La Bamba sounds great. I'm usually starving after a show, so I'll have to go get a burrito. Definitely need the fuel to get from Carbondale to Madison, WI for the next night's show.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Cool! We've never played a show down at SIU before, so we're really stoked. The headlining band Groovatron usually packs 'em in down there, so there should be a good turnout overall.

La Bamba sounds great. I'm usually starving after a show, so I'll have to go get a burrito. Definitely need the fuel to get from Carbondale to Madison, WI for the next night's show.

Groovatron is one of the coolest jam bands around. They are pretty jazzy and funky, but alot jams are just flat out rockin.

I may come see you. My band is plannin on playin some talent show saturday night at one of the other bars down there. We are only gonna get 5-7 songs, but at least we can get our foot in the door.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Groovatron is one of the coolest jam bands around. They are pretty jazzy and funky, but alot jams are just flat out rockin.

I may come see you. My band is plannin on playin some talent show saturday night at one of the other bars down there. We are only gonna get 5-7 songs, but at least we can get our foot in the door.

Where are you playing that night?

I hear ya about that foot in the door thing. We have to do quite a bit of that in the upcoming weeks. Pay yer dues...

If you end up coming to Hangar 9, make sure you say hello. I'm the drummer.
    Where are you playing that night?

I hear ya about that foot in the door thing. We have to do quite a bit of that in the upcoming weeks. Pay yer dues...

If you end up coming to Hangar 9, make sure you say hello. I'm the drummer.

I cant think of the place. It sounds like we are gonna do the show though. All I know is its a pretty good sized place down there. If I heard it I would remember it.

You being a drummer and all, you should come check us out. We have one of the finest drummers I have ever heard. Not sure if he will get a chance to show it off, but chances are he will.

The bass player is phenomenal.

I play rhythm guitar. Another friend plays lead, and him and I play off each other pretty good.

With covers the singer is the weak point of the band. With originals he is the MVP. He has written a few good songs.

Our next song is gonna be a trip to write. We are thinkin of tryin to make it a little more progressive.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I cant think of the place. It sounds like we are gonna do the show though. All I know is its a pretty good sized place down there. If I heard it I would remember it.

Let me know if you remember it, I'm not too familiar with the club situation in Carbondale, so the more leads we can get, the better.

Only clubs I'm familiar with or heard of around SIU are Hangar 9, Copper Dragon/Pinch Penny Pub and Mugsy McGuires.
    Let me know if you remember it, I'm not too familiar with the club situation in Carbondale, so the more leads we can get, the better.

Only clubs I'm familiar with or heard of around SIU are Hangar 9, Copper Dragon/Pinch Penny Pub and Mugsy McGuires.

It's Mugsy's. If Mugsy's is a good sized bar then thats it.

The singer and guitar player, in my band, are in school at SIU.

Looks like we are gonna make it down friday too. I have wanted to see Groovatron live since I first heard them. Seein another PJammers band wouldnt be too bad either.