What Gear Does Ben Harper Use?

Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Like, what guitars and such, does he have a signature model?
no matter where you go,
there you are.

- brain of c
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Pretty much everything under the sun. I'll tell you what I know he's used: Maton Mastersound electrics, various Maton acoustics, Weissenborn lapsteels and Cole Clark lapsteels. This is probably about 1% of the gear he's used in recent years.
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I Love Ben Harper.

http://www.swer.net/english.gear.html

I know of another site but I can't remember it right now......I'll try and rememeber today and post it later. :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I know he's rocking mad professor amps right now and yeah the above Maton acoustics and electrics Weissenborn lap steels yadda yadda. It's the big green "giant toaster" looking box behind him on stage.

I know theres a VHT valvulator on the board, and he used to use demeter amps. as far as pedals he's used hundreds I think but theres a pretty good shot of the pedalboard inside the DOTI album.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yup theres the demeter in those picks. He had that when I saw him in 2001.

Is that a wizard wah?

and that guy, is a freaking genius. I know it's all just parts and stuff, but man I've played a lot of stuff and I've never steped on a pedal that sounded better than a BJF.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I think he has more gear then anyone, he swaps stuff out all the time, except for the MP which is all he uses now. I heard he needs a few more ;)

His taste for fine acoustics is just silly!
    I also don't know of a cooler Lap Steel tone then his.
    Anyway, check out his new album it is much different from his older stuff.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Figured I'd throw this in here:

http://www.benharper.biz/bsiofguso.html

New Ben tab book!!!

Pretty cool!!! I wonder if I can pick this up around here anywhere?

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
    This should answer many of your questions

http://benharper.net/?page=faq&sort=by_cat&cat=1
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • He has VERY rare guitars, his grandfather has an acoustic repair/collection shop in California where ben grew up. I suggest watching His dvd's good music, good stories.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    He has VERY rare guitars, his grandfather has an acoustic repair/collection shop in California where ben grew up. I suggest watching His dvd's good music, good stories.

Ya man, Pleasure & Pain is a really great DVD.

I love watching it :)

.NJD.
  • He has VERY rare guitars, his grandfather has an acoustic repair/collection shop in California where ben grew up. I suggest watching His dvd's good music, good stories.

Yep... Folk Music Center in Claremont (NE of Los Angeles)... pretty cool shop, I go in there once in a while. They have some really unique and random acoustic instruments. They also have a small Ben Harper merchandise section to boot.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!