Electro-acoustics!

one way needleone way needle Posts: 196
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm looking into getting a new electo acoustic guitar and was wondering if anyone here could suggest any models worth checking out? Currently playing with a crap, plastic-backed Aria... Budget is around £600 (that's like just over $1000 isn't it? (man that's a lot of money)).

I'm gonna look around guitar shops when i get back home for easter hols and just spend a few days trying out what i can, but until then any advise would be cool, thanks!
(
=) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I just bought a Washburn EA18 which i love, it cost me £250. But since you have £600 to burn id suggest a Taylor or something like that. Even if you spend £550 on a normal acoustic you can spend the rest on buying a pick-up for it so you can change it around.
  • I played a Taylor the other day in the store and it was just wonderful....I also enjoy playing the Ovations....but you'll have to buy an amp too probably.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    I can't say enough good things about the Japanese-built Takamines. The cheaper Korean ones are a bit of a hit-and-miss affair but the Japs are consistantly excellent. Or a Maton, gotta support the home team.
  • biffhardon wrote:
    I can't say enough good things about the Japanese-built Takamines. The cheaper Korean ones are a bit of a hit-and-miss affair but the Japs are consistantly excellent. Or a Maton, gotta support the home team.

Totally agree biff.

Takamines play amazing!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    I'll maybe throw in something different for ya:

http://www.breedloveguitars.com/

http://www.dawsonsonline.com/live/rhtGal.php5?site=r&dept=1&cat=1&subcat=3&page=1
    (Sorry not endorsing dawsons!!! It just has a helpfull list and prices.)

Breedlove Guitars. I think they're fine guitars and I think they have a way better sound than any Takamine I've played. (That's just my opinion! Don't kill me!) They're all around the budget too!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....