Advice buying an electro-acoustic bass

one way needleone way needle Posts: 196
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello!

My brother is looking at getting an electro acoustic bass. He mentionned he's looking at it's an ibanez AEB8E BK.

Has anyone had any experience playing one of these? I know it's not a top of the range bass but my brother has played one and seems quite confident it's well made & good value for money. I'm going to go and check it out with him next week. I'm fine with trying out guitars but since I don't play much bass, is there anything in particular I should be aware of when I go have a look at it? Any advice would be great, cheers!!
(
=) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    They're fine. For the money, they're great. The Washburn equivalent is superior in pretty much every way but it's also 3-4 times the price.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    how much is he going to spend on the ibanez & how much is he willing to spend?

i bought a michael kelly probably close to two years ago & it's been serving me well. no issues & reasonably priced. a beauty. just a brand to look into i guess.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep