Marshall MF 350, Good or bad?

MechroroboticonMechroroboticon Posts: 7
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Eh? What do you tone purists think? I like it...i'm just curious, how good do amps get?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Waste of money and resources.

The line 6 vetta and the Line 6 Flextone/ HD 147 heads kills the mode four for what it is in that same class.

Besides that for the money you spend to get it why not find a used Marshall tube head, or hell mesa boogie. If you get a Mesa with progressive linkage and you have the patience you can get every tone you would out of the Mode 4 and then some plus its going to sound about 70 percent better.

I applaud the fact that these guys have figured out power = clarity. I'm glad they are incorporating computers but,

They still haven't come close to beating the tone of a vacuum tube and Marshall hasn't been cutting edge in years.

Now they are more run by accountants and the bottom line than offering real tone machines. Nice marketing on the Mode Four, I just have no reason to actually purchase one, I'm sure it's excellent for nu-metal if that's your thing. That's where most of the marketing and a lot of the new products are aimed towards.

I just can't justify the price of the MF when you have excellent all tube heads even ones by Marshall in the same price range.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Good...apprently. So good for metal that the guitarist from Hatebreed does it all on his own now with the help of a Mode4 and another Marshall. Also there are a few indie bands using them now as well. Certainly not top of the power ratings though...don't Fender have a new amp that's 500+ watts...pfft just silly!