any drummers??!!

drummer96drummer96 Posts: 25
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
how come theres never any drummers on here??!! just wonderin... i like to talk shop, especially about pj...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Yea drummers do seem to be lacking.. in general.. it always seems to be a drummer or singer people are missing :)

As for me... I play the guitar (oooo how orginal eh!) but I have been known for finding my way around a drum kit!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Hey there! I am a drummer, been playin' for a lil over 6 years now...my personal fav. drummers are: brain, herb and matt cameron...yeah neil peart kicks ass but I prefer them!
    "I got memories, I got shit".Montreal '00, Montreal '03, Montreal '05 and Quebec city '05!! :)
  • Drum Hitter here! I'd say drummer, but I'm not good enough yet, so I shall designate myself as a drum hitter only. Been playing for 12 years or so. My fav drummers are Matt Sorum, Taylor Hawkins, Mike Portnoy and Matt Cameron. Currently play on a 4-piece Yamaha Stage Custom with a Tama maple snare, single DW kick pedal, Promark 420 Portnoy signature sticks, Sabian cymbals (21" Rod Morganstein signature ride, 19" crash, 18" crash, 19" china, 10" splash, 10" max stax, 14" hats). Original music can be checked out at http://www.pepperboy.net. Cover music at the link on my sig.

Drumming is great. Just the perfect blend of physical activity and creative artistry. I love playing three hour shows and not realizing how exhausted I've become until hitting that final beat.
  • I guess it's true: pretty much no drummers in here! Well except for the the drum hitter and I :P Where are you all!??!?!? Come on! Any other female drummers to join me ? Or am I the only female drummer in here?
    "I got memories, I got shit".Montreal '00, Montreal '03, Montreal '05 and Quebec city '05!! :)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I guess it's true: pretty much no drummers in here! Well except for the the drum hitter and I :P Where are you all!??!?!? Come on! Any other female drummers to join me ? Or am I the only female drummer in here?

*hopes you are the girl from Lenny Kravitz's early 90's group of musicians*
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Sorry I'm not lol
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i am a drummer raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

so...em...yeah

sonor kit, mapex hardware, janus double pedal, zildjian A Custom cymbals (10" splash, 14" hats, 17" crash, 18" crash, 19" crash, 20" ride), lp bongos, and a random cowbell:D

i agree, there are not enough drummers! only those stupid string twangers talking about their wee pedals and latest geetar
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • i'm a drummer with an Export set ...... ooh yeah. my fav songs by pearl jam are WMA or untitled
    If anyone has any good ideas for band names PM me cause me and my band are amazingly stuck for ideas. Darn that band Pearl Jam for having such a cool name
  • Hell yeah! nice cymbals! I'd like to have a lot of the same, though it's really expensive, well I mean for me, going to school and trying to pay for everything, so maybe this summer I'll buy myself some Octobans and an 18" custom floor tom (Tama). At the moment, I have a 5pcs Tama rockstar kit with all Zildjian cymbals. Basic kit, well it's ok for now, I'm trying to put on a tribute to Primus band with my bro just 'cause we love them so much and their songs are too good, but we can't find a guitar player to play like Larry Lalonde does so...Anyone loves Primus in here? Herb certainly is an awesome drummer!
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    i've been drummin for a while ~12 yrs. Gotta 5 pc Ludwig...DW/ Gibraltar cymbal stands and DW bass drum pedal (my pride and joy). Play 13"AAX fusion hats, 20AA Rock Ride, 18" AAX Metal crash, 17" AAX Metal crash (all sabian), and 17" Z custom crash. Fav drummers Dave A., Matt C, Bonham, Carter B, Jimmy Chamberlain.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'm a singer, but as an engineer, I have to have a good drum sound or I go apeshit :)

I have owned an Ayotte 5-piece steel hoop from 94, and a Tama Starclassic kit. Both were wonderful, with an ever-so-slight edge going to the Ayotte (20x22 kick was the sound of the gods).

My next kit will be a Maryland Drum Co. (Keller shells), and either a repro Black Beauty, or a Dunnett snare. The Brady stave snares are also lovely, as are Kepplingers.

I can't decide if I want a 4 piece or a 5 piece though...snare will always be 6.5x14, but shells are tricky. Either 13, 16, 22, or 12, 14, 16, 22

Decisions decisions.

I prefer Zildjian's in the studio...but I have heard some really sweet sounding Paiste's recently...I was very surprised :).