What Hi-Hats do you use?

DrumSoloDrumSolo Posts: 2
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a pair of 13" Zildjian Custom A hats and I have to admit I'm not too fond of them. I'm thinking of getting some Dyno Beats.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Well, I'm currently using Sabian XS 14". They were the ones I bought when I got my kit (a starter pack with hats, crash and ride). I love the crash, I like the hats, but I hate the ride. I kinda like 13" hats for crispness, but I think I'll stick with the ones I have now... if I'm spending money on brass, I'm getting a new ride.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I am using a custom pair that Mark Love @Sabian picked for me. Its a 13in Hand Hammered top with a super think flat bottom with 3 air holes.
    Really great sounding "chick" but when you lay into them..the thick bottom really cuts thru.
  • I use some 14" regular K's, and they really suit my drumming needs. They're definately not bright metallic ones, so they don't overwhelm the band's music when we play; instead, they speak with a friendly tone, not overstated, but also not without something to say either. It's got a really pleasing "chick" and when played in the semi-open position it doesn't have any nasty ringing overtones. I really dig them. I managed to pick them up used, too, which was great. What are the going prices for new hi-hats anyway? like $4-500? or more? Ah well. Better than paying $100 for beginner hats that you'll outgrow before a year's up.
  • *Toastie*Toastie Posts: 59
    Zildjian 14' new beats
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    The drummer in my band uses A custom mastersound hi-hats. They are great live really cut-through and are very loud but in the studio perhaps a little TOO loud.