Egg Cartons

leethalleethal Posts: 134
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been collecting egg cartons from work (have about 300 at the moment lol) and im going to 'soundproof' my spare room.

I had some questions though; can you only use the egg side of the carton and which way do you stick them on the wall to keep the sound in. (if it matters)

Thanks, leethal
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ahh, awesome!

anyways i would suggest putting the side the egg sticks into, into the wall, and the bottom of them facing the room. theres a reason for it but i honestly dont feel like typing into massive detail why. Also what i would suggest if you can afford to do so of course, is to install draperies around the room hanging about 2-4 inches from the wall, this will really soundproof your room creating first the hanging wall, a dead space behind it, then your egg carton wall, an insulated wall behind that. It shoudl work well. Just make sure you dont forget about the door, and the frame aroudn it. Also about the curtains, make them so you can slide it in front of the entrance way as well, then you have a full closed, controlled area. If you can, try and do somethign with the roof if it is not on the top floor, and if there is a furnace/AC into the room, they can often be picked up by microphones so you may want to plug that too.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    Thanks very much mate! I'll post some pics up when im done. (In a couple of weeks porbably) It should look pretty funny.

Appreciate your advice.