question: jeff ament and strings

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
ha, my first..and probably only, thread in the gearhead section. :p

anyhoo...my husband is a bass player, and he has asked me if i knew what type/brand of strings jeff uses. he thought he read somewhere that he uses ernie ball strings.....i went to the 10C site b/c i thought there used to be a section discussion their gear?....but can't seem to find it?

if someone would be so kind to point out where i can access such info, and/or also post the answer to my query, i'd be appreciative. thanks. :)
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    D2D

go to musicians forum and the only sticky at the top has a pdf of what gear wise during recording of Riot Act..

if ye get stuck let me know i'll look for you :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    In '98:

Jeff: Dean Markley SR 2000 Mediums
    Jeff: Dean Markley sR 2000 Medium-lights (fretless basses)
    Jeff: Thomastik Spirocore Upright Strings

In '03:

Jeff: Rotosound Tru Bass 88 strings
    Jeff: Thomastik Jazz flatwound strings
    Jeff: Dean Markley SR 2000 Medium strings
    Jeff: Thomastik Spirocore Upright strings (used on "Thumbing My Way" studio recording)

Directly off of giventowail.com
  • D2D

go to musicians forum and the only sticky at the top has a pdf of what gear wise during recording of Riot Act..

if ye get stuck let me know i'll look for you :)

duh. :o
    i seriously did not even notice that sticky. :p i merely went to the pearljam.com site, and when i did not find what i wanted, i started the thread here w/o looking.

interesting. so mr. dream, totally off. never used ernie ball strings ever.

cjb - thanks for that. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Anytime...looks like he's a fan of Markleys. :)
  • its so sad that here in little Gibraltar (europe) you cant find any of the gear that pearl jam use, well maybe you could order it from abroad but it would cost a load more and would take ages, this sucks...

i play both guitar and bass and i am lead singer in a band and i found that stuff like guitar and bass strings here are extremely expensive so i went to spain to buy em and found that theyre quite rubbish there...

im gonna kill someone...just kidding lol
    Given To Fly

Lisboa, Pavilhão Atlântico, 4/9/06
    Lisboa, Algés, Oeiras Alive!, 8/6/07
  • cjb5790 wrote:
    Anytime...looks like he's a fan of Markleys. :)

indeed it does....and my husband is not. :p haha. everyone has their preferences. i appreciate the input though, b/c he was curious to know. actually, he has an old issue of bass player magazine with a jeff interview from a few years ago...i am SURE they would've listed his gear and strings, etc. eh, perhaps he wanted more current info...and/or just too lazy to dig up the magazine. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...