Question...

darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I was wondering if anyone on this board (if currently in high school or college) is in marching and concert band, or was when you were younger. Because right now I play bass clarinet at my school and was wondering if any other Pearl Jam fans were band geeks too, bc that'd be cool if there was!!
"Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I played Trombone in Concert band and jazz band in highschool. It was a lot of fun, but no where near as much fun as guitar :p

That was two years ago. My Jazz band won citywide, and got one of the highest scores in the Province. We were kickass. :)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Trombone - marching and concert band. Bass Guitar in Jazz Band.

I picked up guitar to get away from structured bullshit, and hey that's right back where I am now. Damnit. But It's more fun now.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I played trombone in middle school, was part of the jazz band then, thats about it.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    erm i play piano, doing the subject music for improtant exams, there are bands at my school, but the teacher is just a complete idiot. he just hates everything except classical, and last year the band convered smoke on the water with flutes drums etc and stuff. but he left. so i really cba to put up with some aragont shit
  • How the hell did we all play the trombone?!?!?
  • Well, I play bass clarinet, so I guess we're all bass players!!!! YEAH ROCK ON GUYS!!! WE GOT BALLS!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i was in choir!! rock on.

i couldn't play an instrument well enough to be in the bands.
  • Hey, at least you're still a musician!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    and i still got to go on all the band/choir road trips. good times.
  • Played trumpet... wasn't fond of it... (this was 6th grade)...

so mid-way through that year i traded it in (to my local family owned band store!) and got a clarinet... which i thought was alright...

midway through 7th grade i traded that in and got a Saxaphone which i liked A LOT...

Then after 8th grade ended i traded that in for a guitar!

i believe i'll be sticking with that one...

i was in the Jazz Band in 7th grade.. but the fucking school system cut the program... so in 8th grade there was no jazz band.. :(

also i remember a friend of mine throwing up right before my 7th grade band concert.

fun :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    so, this one time, at band camp.....
  • Drums (concert band) and snare (marching band)...Trombones suck :P
    "I don't need drugs; life is tragic enough."
    "If you love someone, let them go...if someone loves you, don't fuck up."

~Julie
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Trombones suck :P

Hey! I take offense! Its a handy skill to have if I ever want to start up a ska band.
  • well,i ONLY play the guitar!!
  • Oh, the memories of band camp!!! I love you guys!!!!! I'm glad I posted this thread!! But yeah, I'm really gonna miss the competitions after I graduate. Hopefully college band will be just as much fun next year!!! Keep on rockin'!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio