your suggestions?

Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,065
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey there,
as part of my course i have been given the following assignment;

The student must also create a music track which demonstrates use of advanced recording techniques and psychoacoustic effects within the context of a minimum 3 minute long music recording. The music track must also demonstrate effective studio procedures including recording, editing and mixing to a high level.

Examples could include:

• use of surround sound mixing or binaural cues in a music track,
• pseudo (synthetic) binaural mixing.
• Simultaneous stereo/binaural and 5.1 mixes of the same track
• Use of addition or subtraction tones/silent melodies

my first thought was to do a binaural recording for the main guitar track and then using different surround tracks for short fills, panning them around and fading in/out. i am looking for a pearl jam track that includes many fills or one that i could easily add my own in. it is gonna be purely guitar, so no drums, bass or vocals. any suggestions as to what song would work well? or any other techniques you would suggest?
my first thoughts are wishlist, off he goes or man of the hour.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjlover459 wrote:
    hey there,
    as part of my course i have been given the following assignment;

The student must also create a music track which demonstrates use of advanced recording techniques and psychoacoustic effects within the context of a minimum 3 minute long music recording. The music track must also demonstrate effective studio procedures including recording, editing and mixing to a high level.

Examples could include:

• use of surround sound mixing or binaural cues in a music track,
    • pseudo (synthetic) binaural mixing.
    • Simultaneous stereo/binaural and 5.1 mixes of the same track
    • Use of addition or subtraction tones/silent melodies

my first thought was to do a binaural recording for the main guitar track and then using different surround tracks for short fills, panning them around and fading in/out. i am looking for a pearl jam track that includes many fills or one that i could easily add my own in. it is gonna be purely guitar, so no drums, bass or vocals. any suggestions as to what song would work well? or any other techniques you would suggest?
    my first thoughts are wishlist, off he goes or man of the hour.

Good choices, you could try something with Present Tense. Man, I want to go to your school. :)
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • good suggestion! anyone got the present tense tab or know where i can find it? not the crappy drop d one, the open d tab; D A D F# A D