Present Tense

Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,065
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
ive been looking around for a while now and cant seem to find the correct tab for this, the one in open d. anyone know what it is? im specfically looking for the ending outro, its beautiful.
any help?
thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• giventowail.com...seems correct to me
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
    pjlover459 wrote:
    ive been looking around for a while now and cant seem to find the correct tab for this, the one in open d. anyone know what it is? im specfically looking for the ending outro, its beautiful.
    any help?
    thanks

Think you mean drop D.

http://www.giventowail.com/tabs/?p=84&tabid=168
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,065
    i definately saw a tab once in open d. the dropped d just doesnt sound exactly right. plus if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwamCGQU7_s it is clear the giventowail tab is wrong, after the last chorus ed is playing around the 7th fret d,g,b strings, not as the tab suggests. plus look at the outro, ed is playing way up around 15th fret.

not to critise giventowail or your help, which is greatly appreciated, just i know i have seen an open d tab before, and just find it weird i cant now.

anyone else play it this way or can help me out?
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I've seen that tab too and it's driving me nuts now that i can't find it. Unfortunately i don't remember it.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    pjlover459 wrote:
    i definately saw a tab once in open d. the dropped d just doesnt sound exactly right. plus if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwamCGQU7_s it is clear the giventowail tab is wrong, after the last chorus ed is playing around the 7th fret d,g,b strings, not as the tab suggests. plus look at the outro, ed is playing way up around 15th fret.

not to critise giventowail or your help, which is greatly appreciated, just i know i have seen an open d tab before, and just find it weird i cant now.

anyone else play it this way or can help me out?

where was that performance?
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,065
    that was the letterman performance last year, ed sullivan theatre i think, cant remember the date off the top of my head though. if you havent seen/heard this they are all on youtube, and i recommend watching. very good for a short set.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i've been playing it with the guitar tuned (low to high) DADAAD. not really using the high B and E.

that gets me through mike's part for the whole song and ed's part in the jam section. haven't figured out ed's high thing at the end yet.