Interesting amp problem

KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok im stumped on this.

pretty much i have a solid state fender deluxe 112+ with a 90w 12" speaker. i think either something strange is goin on with the speaker or the power amp.

but basically at band practice the other day we were playing at fairly high volumes though i doubt i was pushing the speaker too hard. my amp would randomly start making farting sounds, pretty much odd volume swells. it also vibrated enough to move a water bottle a few inches.

i was wondeirng if any of youhave ever heard of a problem like this before and what it might be. again its a solid state amp so please dont say tubes.

though i dont have a pedal with 2 12ax7s in it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ah, the legendary fender dyna touch line......

I do not miss them.

It could be a number of things. Likely it's due to a loose soldier joint which was the case in my fender, though that was more of a boomy sound, sounds similar though

I wonder does your amp have a digital processing circuit by chance?

occasionally those go bad and cause volume swells for instance.

Likely thought it's a loose soldier joint somewhere on the PCB that is shorting out causing your problem it's fairly common unfortunately.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    yea that was one of my thoughts on it.

actually my amp has got some tone. wouldnt touch the distortion channel with a big stick though.

and once i turned the amp down the problem desisted.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    KillerIsMe wrote:
    yea that was one of my thoughts on it.

actually my amp has got some tone. wouldnt touch the distortion channel with a big stick though.

and once i turned the amp down the problem desisted.

yeah 90 watts provides a good clean tone the Stage 160 is probably the best of that series I just wish they had only been single channel and clean. The distortion channel is the definition of ice pick in the ear.

Good that it stopped. It's probably that the speaker vibration was vibrating the PCB, causing the issue. Maybe it won't happen again.

I have a 130 watt Ultimate Chorus. same deal, solid clean, not so great dist.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Could be an output tranny goin' south... $ound$ expen$ive.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    well what better excuse to buy a twin??? looks at wallet.... shit!