Mogami Cable

KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So i had about 4 people coming into my store asking if we had that today. Then i started wondering if it is worth all the hype.

Is there any difference between that and the typical all copper oxygen free cable?

I know it is the 'best' cable around, but is there any other reason for it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    It's worth it in a clean, well-maintained, well-monitored environment where stuff is taken care of.

For a guy playing bar shows or touring the club circuit, not so much.

It's a great cable... great transmission, can go the distance (literally), good resistance value. It will add a lot of subtle life to your signal, usually a little sparkle. But it's kinda pricey, if you go thru cables a lot... the ends are well-constructed, but cables get stepped on, spilled on, yanked on...

I use it in the studio, but I'd get a decent $20 cable for stage work.

PS: This instrument cable or mic cable? Or both?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    i was thinking of just getting maybe ten feet bulk and cutting it for my pedalboard, because im tired of using 5 footers and the like.

instrument. for now anyways.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    KillerIsMe wrote:
    i was thinking of just getting maybe ten feet bulk and cutting it for my pedalboard, because im tired of using 5 footers and the like.

instrument. for now anyways.

A ha.

Go with some Mogami Silver. It'll treat you good, not only on sound quality, but in your pocketbook.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    just searching online i found some place in that sells it .37/ft which is almost way too good to be true. then on top like 6 dollars shipping. so it comes out about 10 bucks. then i have hoards of gold plated connectors at my work so i get those for cheap.

dont know if i trust that site selling the cable though because even after shipping it would only come down to 96 cents a foot, which is cheaper then i sell bulk monster cable.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    KillerIsMe wrote:
    just searching online i found some place in that sells it .37/ft which is almost way too good to be true. then on top like 6 dollars shipping. so it comes out about 10 bucks. then i have hoards of gold plated connectors at my work so i get those for cheap.

dont know if i trust that site selling the cable though because even after shipping it would only come down to 96 cents a foot, which is cheaper then i sell bulk monster cable.

yeah but we all know monster cable is a rip off at that price.

oxygen free, braided copper cable is oxygen free braded copper cable, they make their the money on shielding and connectors to permit the maximum signal flow with the least noise, and a hell of a lot of advertising and name recognition.

See monster cable banana home theater connectors, 20 bucks per cable. 5 dollars a pop per connector. Ridiculous. So why do I have it on all of my home theatre stuff.

yep, I'm a sucker
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    hell our monster cable by the foot is a 'bargain' at 1.19 a foot. compared to the prepackaged stuff which is 15 bucks for 6 feet.