Blowing off some steam

KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well I'm living in a college dorm so having my roomates, two of mine are all fairly bad (for lack of a better term) guitar players. So they've been playing my guitars a lot since we got back from break (about two weeks ago) About a week and a half ago i gave my guitars a much needed tune up (strings, fret board cleaning, ect..) and ALREADY both my acoustic and my electrics strings have lost there tone (i have only put on laybe 3 or so hours on each since then) and im also seeing signs of grime build up on my acoustic's fretboard.

I've told them a few times to stay off my stuff, and the only way to get them to stop entire is to either get hardshell cases with locks, which i cant afford at the moment, or bring my guitars home, which i dont want to do. They just dont seem to realize that i have pride in my instruments and i dont want their greasy hands all over them trying to play incredibly off versions of maiden and gNr.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    that would piss me off too. they have no respect. i would talk to them and lock the guitars away (if possible) so that something worse doesn't happen.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • I noticed a chip right on the bottom of my electric's fretboard when i was cleaning it. chirst i think you could have heard me cursing and yelling at them two blocks away. thank god that it didnt effect my playablity. not too mention scratches and dings. I've been putting them away in the closet, inside gig bags, but i came back today and saw my roomate playing my electric anyways. its rediculous.
  • These guys really must suck if they don't handle your stuff with care. I let anyone play my guitars, but then again, I trust most people to take care. All of my friends can play anytime, cause I know they are carefull.

If they don't lay off or start being carefull, I'd take 'em home and leave a crapy accoustic in the dorm. At least until I' could afford decent cases.