Speaker Replacement

Fadetowhite519Fadetowhite519 Posts: 7
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a fender supertwin from the 70s with 2 kickass 12" ev alnico speakers in there but the cones on both speakers are starting to wear and getting them reconed is going to be fairly expensive and take a lot of time. I paid 350 for the amp, probably spend 200+ on a recone for both speakers.

I was just looking for new speaker alternatives requirements being: high wattage (a super twin is 180 tube watts split by 2 speakers at 4ohms) so either 2 8 ohm speakers in series or 2 4 ohm speakers in parallel. 2nd being clean at loud volumes, as good as speaker breakup sounds its not what I'm looking for, I want loud and clean, which is why I went with the twin.

Price isnt a problem as im looking at price options right now. I want something comparable to the evs of old, if anythiing is still around.

if nothing else I'll fork over the money for a recone and hope finding parts wont take too long.

thanks,
Danny
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Talk to Ted Weber.

http://www.tedweber.com

he's the freaking speaker man. Especially in fenders. He's got a version of those EV's in the high power series, they will be the ceramic mag versions likely.

I believe he also carries Eminence so he can comment on thier line too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.