is it bad??

ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
to run a line out of one amp into another. my cousins laney 15watt amp has fabulous reverb and gain that my blues jr doesnt have. can use the line out to hook the laney into the input for the blues jr or will that cause problems? seems like i have heard of people doing this, but i want to make sure before i give it a run since one amp is not mine.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah, you're fine to do it. I am doing it with my amps. Make sure the ohms are the same though-I think that is the only thing you need to watch for.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I'm doing it too.... sort of. I run from my pedalboard into 2 amps stereo-like.

Also, I use my boss DD-6 and I can get this panning delay because of the stereo outputs.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    they both have an input impedance of 1M ohm, and output of minimun 8 ohms, so i think i am good to go. right?
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • Yeah, good luck!
  • I switched it around and am now running my signal through a small marhsall amp into my Fender.

It's like an EQ and real Marshall Fuzz pedal ! :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    i am lovin it. combines the strengths of both amps very well. i can get good clean of the fender with the gain and reverb of the laney when needed. i may have to look into getting another amp to run into my fender for good. i am really impressed at how well it worked. most times these ideas just fall apart for me.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • I am running my roc pro 700 through a huge bass amp and DAMN!! It adds such an amazing sound!