mikes scales

riotcode1222riotcode1222 Posts: 32
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anyone know the general scales mike uses
?
" i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

MIKE McfuckinCready you deserve way more credit

!EVEN FLOW PSYCHO MEMBER! ~~@#028@~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Probably the Blues scale.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Umm, off the top of my head, I'd say, major and minor pentatonic (the minor infused with chromatic runs), major scale, melodic and harmonic minor, and maybe a couple of modes thrown in.

But there are Mikey experts out there. Is Giventowail or whatever it's called, still running?

:)
  • Umm, off the top of my head, I'd say, major and minor pentatonic (the minor infused with chromatic runs), major scale, melodic and harmonic minor, and maybe a couple of modes thrown in.

But there are Mikey experts out there. Is Giventowail or whatever it's called, still running?

Yes, http://www.giventowail.com has updated tabs from the current album, however, they movst recent gear is Mike McCready's 2005 UFO board. I need to more on their equipment but the tabs are great!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    mike has scales?

You just listed about every type of scale..
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • andychandych Posts: 130
    blues........mostly
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I think I read an interview somewhere that he said most of his old solos were using the mixolydian scale (which like the blues scale is just a derivative of the pentatonic scales).
  • You just listed about every type of scale..

No way.

No mention of tritones, whole tone scales, all modes (I said Mike uses only a couple: I mean phrygian, aeolian and mixolydian), no mention of the Pelog, the Slendro, no mention of microtonal scales ...

Nicolas Slonimsky compiled a book of over 1300 scales. John Coltrane's sax playing was heavily influenced by Slonimsky.

There are jazz and heavy rock players whose scalar knowledge and ability is simply frightening.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I think I read an interview somewhere that he said most of his old solos were using the mixolydian scale (which like the blues scale is just a derivative of the pentatonic scales).
    correct

most of his solo's are minor pentatonic,blues and mixolydian scale. eg alive solo is e minor blues scale

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99