romanza

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
its so awsome to play
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That is an awesome song. I used to play the first half, but the back half was a little out of my range at the time. I think I need to relearn that song. It's been forever since I played it.
  • So, can either one of you tell me the version to BUY. I love classical/flamenco guitar but don't own much. (Well, not any classical guitar, have a few flamenco) I don't have a version of Romanza other than Eddies little blip and Itunes gives me too many choices, and it sounds like so many talented folks. Can't decide. Their versions range from 2 min to over 5 min...but of course I can only hear 30 sec. Any suggestions for artists to check out would be appreciated.

Oh, and kudos to you for being able to play, especially that song. You must serenade your significant other quite frequently with that tune. ;)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
    You've played me??? How was I???

It is a sweet little diddy!

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    It is fun to play especially for a girl.
    Recently I've seen it in a subway comercial though. Ah well.
  • soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    ad_rock wrote:
    aye, the chicks do like that one. its the movement from the the b to the high e note in the first section, its a proven aphrodisiac.

i'm working on the tremelo picking part after the major and the minor sequences. i first saw a guy play it on the steps of a cathedral in spain years ago, picking the open strings and tremelo picking the high e string with his third finger, while he chatted to me in english (he was from argentina, and had been playing for 30 of the 37 years he had been alive) and it just knocked me out. i bought all of his cds from out of his suitcase and have been on a mission to learn as much flamenco as possible ever since.

Have you ever listened to Jesse Cook? I think he's referred to sometimes as "new age" but his first two records are flamenco and fabulous. He was some sort of guitar prodigy.....
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70