Schecter Gold PT

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i saw you guys talking about how rare these are
found one for a somewhat cheap price
im not intrested soo

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/classified/pt.htm
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    pearljam7 wrote:
    i saw you guys talking about how rare these are
    found one for a somewhat cheap price
    im not intrested soo

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/classified/pt.htm

made in korea (diamond series) it's a nice guitar in fact it's a very nice guitar for the money.

The American Custom Shop versions are the ones that are rare.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ohh darn
    i thought i had something there
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
    pearljam7 wrote:
    ohh darn
    i thought i had something there

you do, it's quite nice, and excellent deal at $329 with a good setup, the duncan design pickups are very nice. It also has coil taps I believe. The last one I played was outstanding.

I was just pointing out it wasn't the much older USA version which is considerably more expensive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i have this exact guitar in black, i love it. I gig with it all the time and i play nothing but telecasters. gives a very PJ/vedder/townsend sound!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    you do, it's quite nice, and excellent deal at $329 with a good setup, the duncan design pickups are very nice. It also has coil taps I believe. The last one I played was outstanding.

I was just pointing out it wasn't the much older USA version which is considerably more expensive.

is ed's 1996 gold-top schecter much different in quality? i'm referring to the one used in svt and that is on the synergy website. i know the black one is the early 80s american custom shop model, but i'm uncertain about this one.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
    is ed's 1996 gold-top schecter much different in quality? i'm referring to the one used in svt and that is on the synergy website. i know the black one is the early 80s american custom shop model, but i'm uncertain about this one.

I couldn't say exactly how much having never played an american.

However like other small custom shops who branch out I'm certain the hardware, wood, pickups, electronics and craftsmanship (set up fret finishing etc) are of an elevated quality leading to a better overall tone, however at $330 the DS is a damn nice guitar for the money.
  • Fender has a pretty interesting option:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/515207/

Similar idea, but the Fender is a carved-top mahogany, the Schecter is a flat-top alder body... the Fender has DiMarzio pups, the Schecter has Duncan-designed. That Fender will be my next guitar, so I'm biased...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.