Pa system of some sort

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
well when i practice with my band ( we just started)
so ive been using my old shitty solid state fender guitar amp for vocals
and i cant hear myself over heavy guitar and drums
its not very loud

i need some kind of PA system that will be loud enough for me
with heavy guitar and drums
under 500 bucks.

thanks
i have a mixing board
so if an amp and speakers would be better
then post em
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Kustom Profile One.

Carvin Stage Mate

Rogue Roller PA

my personal fave, Soundcraft GigRac and two 50 dollar PA speakers or maybe some better ones from Ebay for cheap

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=live/s=speakers/search/detail/base_pid/600814/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

what are your thoughts on the powered mackies?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    what are your thoughts on the powered mackies?

Great as main speakers, terrible as monitors. I use a set of them regularly (SRM 450's) and I can't sing their praises enough as little PA cabs. The amps are phenomenal, they sound great, and hold up really well. But they ain't a stage monitor, and they're a bit pricey as well.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • you know, as i use to sing in some bands i always thought it was the responsibility of the singer to handle the PA.
    i have a small four chan. board, power amp, and a couple of speakers.
    and i always wanted to go with a monitor setup for practices.
    if you had enough power everybody could have a mix!
    Day in, Day out, Accumulating!
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    if you can find an allen and heath icon then they are fabulous little digital live mixers. They come in 2 types powered and unpowered.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?