"Habit" tab

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
is it just me
or is this song really really hard
is the tab of GTW right??
can someone post one that they use
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i checked it out on given to wail....looks right, thats how i play it and it is really fun......i think you must not be able to figure out the rhythm (the drawback of reading tab) or else maybe you are not familiar with drop D tuning (the top string is tuned down to a D instaed of E)
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Exactament, just listen to cd to get the rhythm right. I found that i worked out most of the song without even using the tab, so dont worry :P it's not that hard!
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • you can kinda do it in regular tuning like this:

main riff-

e
    B
    G
    D 7
    A 7 5 7 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
    E 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

then the part that goes "its not your way" just keep hitting-

e
    B
    G
    D 8
    A 6
    E

then the chorus doesn't work well, but you could do this-

e
    B
    G
    D 101010 9 9 9 7
    A 8 8 8 7 7 7 5
    E X X X X X X X 5 7 5 7 5
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • shit! that came out all warped, let me try again!!

main riff

e
    B
    G
    D X 7 X
    A 7 5 7 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
    E 5 X 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
  • Hm yeah not a bad job. I think, to an extent with that song, you may just need to play around with what sounds right to you! I'd post how i play it, bhut i am way to drunk to bother right now! So good luck!!
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    I learnt it using powertabs. It plays the tab for you so you can see exactly what your supposed to be playing and its free. They've got loads of other pearl jam too.

download the program here
    http://www.power-tab.net/

And the tabs here
    http://www.powertabs.net/
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+