harmonica microphone

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i was watching neil young rust never sleeps and saw that he had 2 little microphones on his harmonica holder...
is this something he did on his own or is there a product
its pretty cool because he is just walkin around singing,playing harmonica, and playin his gutiar.

awsome DVD

heres a picture...

http://www.myhraphoto.com/Images/Photos/rock/n.young/young-038-20.jpg
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Neil Young isn't only a musical and lyrical genius. He's an inventor, too!

I bet he made that, or designed it anyway. He's kinda like the only one that would play guitar and sing and harmonica at the same time walking around on giant amps and down stairs while he's singing! :D
    That's a brilliant DVD, too. I'm glad I'm old! I saw that tour, too.

Two great friends of mine have done a lot of stage work with Neil. On the last Greendale tour, there was a whole stage play going on. He was refining the stage as the tour was going on.
    Neil sent them to a metal shop when they were in Colorado with the design for that crazy looking mike stand he used with 3 mikes on it. It also had a little bullhorn on it that swayed side to side to give a little chorus effect from the stage. It was wild looking, and he wanted it that night if possible, and got it! Apparently the guys in the metal shop called in their best, and they got backstage passes and up front seats that night, too.

He also designed the "Whizzer". A little motorized machine that twiddles the knobs on his Deluxe Reverb onstage.
    Also a system to control model trains so that his kids, who have cerebral palsey, could control the trains without their hands. Apparently a lot of other inventions were spawned from that system too.

Yup,,,, and Happy Birthday Neil,the other day on the 12th! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart