Gretsch guitars

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
they look really nice acually
im looking at the lower end ones like the Pro Jet
the one i like is the pro jet w/ the bigsby (490$)
its not like the really expensive duo jet ones and its made in China.
but its supposed to be a real good player

what do you all think?
yay or nay
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• my buddy's got one like that...not sure on the details, but about 500 with a bigsby, so...
    plays real nice...for me, I'm just so used to Fender frets...playing on a "shorter" board like that always messes me up, but yeah, give one a try if you can, I think you'll be pretty happy with a gretsch. never played on it a good amp though...so I can't really comment on the sound...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • If you can play it first, try to. I don't know that particular one, but I have a Historic series "Made in Korea" hollowbody with no Bigsby. That series was about 5 years ago.
    They go for $500 plus or minus these days. It's a great playing guitar and a great value!
    They're laminate instead of solid wood tops, but most stuff is these days. It sounds great and the is pretty well built.

I have an old "real" Country Gentleman, too, and I think the $500 dollar Historic Series plays just as nice as the gentleman.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I owned a Blue Pearl Jet that kicked ass. I swapped out the pickups for TV Jones Filtertrons, and the turners for a locking variety, and I feared no man while bringing the rock. Those Asian Gretsch guitars are some of the better guitars coming out of that region.

Try before you buy.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    I'd play it first. A real Bigsby costs 20% of the total asking price of those guitars. It could be a Bigsby licensed vibrato, which would still be nice :)

I owned a Blue Pearl Jet that kicked ass. I swapped out the pickups for TV Jones Filtertrons, and the turners for a locking variety, and I feared no man while bringing the rock. Those Asian Gretsch guitars are some of the better guitars coming out of that region.

Try before you buy.

I agree.
    Actually, mine is a real Bigsby, too! I was surprised when I took it apart to look, because, like you say, that's a fifth of the price.
    I just checked and mine's been in a case for a year and still in tune! :D
    I got it in barter for some work I did.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart