Mccready playing Gretsch????

moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.pearljam.com/images/live/missoula2.jpg

I can not stand the sounds of those guitars..... what song did he play it for??

Edit to say, i like Gretsch guitars, i just do not like the pickups he is playing.
"If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love gretsch guitars... He's been playing them for a couple years...I'm pretty sure he uses one on Thin Air and it sounds good...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    even if u dont like the sound u gotta admit they look cool;)
    Cornell pwns u
  • MetalGod75 wrote:
    even if u dont like the sound u gotta admit they look cool;)

Like i said, i like a lot of them, i just specifically do not like the model he is playing in that photo. I do not like the pickups, and no, sorry that is a little to glittery-glam for me.
  • didnt Cornell used to play one in Soundgarden that was silver and glittery?
    Cornell pwns u
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Still does :)
    The Gretsch and Grunge are joined at the hip forever!

I am thrilled to see the guys pulling out the tone machines, they have great taste.
    There are many Gretsch players out there and many, many famous tunes were made with them. It is about time they got some limelight.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • PJ are guitar fanatics, they play every guitar under the sun at one point or another.....watching Live at the Garden is like watching a guitar expo, you see so many different axes
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • IMO Californiction is one of the greatest simple riffs ever and John Fing Motherfucking Frusciante is the king of the gretch.
  • moemoe6434 wrote:
    http://www.pearljam.com/images/live/missoula2.jpg

I can not stand the sounds of those guitars..... what song did he play it for??

Edit to say, i like Gretsch guitars, i just do not like the pickups he is playing.

you should probably never again listen to a pearl jam tune - it's just that bad.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    thats also the guitar he uses on faithfull !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • I hate sparkly guitars in general, but I really like this one. I think cause its a gretsch it looks a little classier and not so tacky.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    IMO Californiction is one of the greatest simple riffs ever and John Fing Motherfucking Frusciante is the king of the gretch.
    John is one my personal favorite guitarists. I own everything he has ever put out and think he is a class act, and he plays a White Falcon :)
    His taste in gear is second to none.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • JofZ wrote:
    John is one my personal favorite guitarists. I own everything he has ever put out and think he is a class act, and he plays a White Falcon :)
    His taste in gear is second to none.

Niandra LaDes & Usually Just a T-Shirt is a terrible, terrible, terrible album he admittedly made just for drug money.

Everything else he has done, i agree sounds fantastic!