Mcready vs. Dimebag

greenmosquitogreenmosquito Posts: 5
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
me and my buddy were getting at the bar the other night getting tipsy, when he decided to put some pantera on the jukebox(hes a huge pantera fan) so we started talking guitarists and i mentioned mike to him and then we started arguiing whos the better guitarists,bear in mind we both dont play guitar so we were out of our element...i was just wondering who you guys thought was the better guitarist????????????????
"There was a band playing in my head and I felt like getting high" Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    thats like comparing apples to a railroad spike. they are both killer axemen though.
  • Yah,

Most people hear would probably say mike. This is cause of the music we tend to appreciate more. Dimebag is probably faster but... there are robots that can play runs way faster then him. My point being how much is speed really worth.

That robot point was wicked, I am suprised it hasn't been used here before. *pats himself on the back*
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    mike is faster
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Putting genres aside, Dimebag is a much better guitar player. Better touch, better feel, and more knowledge. Mike sure as hell isn't faster. I was just watching Dime today and the man was amazing. That being said, Pearl Jam is my favorite band and Pantera isn't even in my top 10. I'm just a musician that can be honest about a players technical abilities. If you hate metal, then you would probably rather listen to mike play which of course their is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Mike is fantastic. I just hear Dime doing some things that I highly doubt Mike could pull off. Not that he would even want to. I don't want to start any fights here so nobody better take this personally!
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Beav wrote:
    Putting genres aside, Dimebag is a much better guitar player. Better touch, better feel, and more knowledge. Mike sure as hell isn't faster. I was just watching Dime today and the man was amazing. That being said, Pearl Jam is my favorite band and Pantera isn't even in my top 10. I'm just a musician that can be honest about a players technical abilities. If you hate metal, then you would probably rather listen to mike play which of course their is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Mike is fantastic. I just hear Dime doing some things that I highly doubt Mike could pull off. Not that he would even want to. I don't want to start any fights here so nobody better take this personally!

I second that, for what its worth :)
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    I second that, for what its worth :)
    I third that dude
    Cornell pwns u
  • too different. thatd be like pitting Keith Richards against John Mclaughlen lol. plus you cant really compete soul to tech. i like players with soul alot more then shredders, everybody plays like that now and its alot cooler to hear someone play thats doing something completely different and when you can listen to any record they do and know thats mike.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    I don't think you can really compare the two. Dimebag was an amazing guitarist, playing in a completely different genre than Mccready. Dimebag could throw down genius solos, his speed, and technique were incredible. If forced to choose a better guitarist I would pick Dimebag, don't get me wrong, I love Mccreadys stuff, but Dimebag was much more innovative and creative in his guitar playing.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I'm staying out of this one
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    it all depends, dime was sweet, he changed the direction metal guitar had been going into ala metallica ,with his sounds, but his sound is hard and cold ,
    Mike, he is all heart, the only onther person that in my ears played with that kind of heart and soul was Jimi, but Jimi did not have what Mike does and that is Eddie
    what a pair they need eachother they each have such emotion in what they do
    I am going with Mike just on soul, talent not so sure but I'm not into all the tech stuff so the player that has the heart wins this one for me
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I agree man....playing should be from the heart, even if the heart is twisted and torn
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see