CD input cable thingy amp help

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a practice amp and it has a jack for headphones and input... but it also has an input for a CD player... I spoke to the guy at the music store I bought it from and he was none the wiser!

Anybody know what will connect my portable CD player into the amp.

The amp has a guitar lead sized jack... but the CD player-out jack is only the same size as normal headphone socket (3.5mm)???

Just thought it would be nice to play along to the CD through the actual amp all at the same time?

Anybody any ideas??

Cheers
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• radio shack has an adapter. it is real cheap. just tell them you would be going from the cd sized to a guitar sized. bringing examples will help a lot. i had to buy one to connect my mic to my computer input. make sure it is a stereo, not a mono.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    radio shack has an adapter. it is real cheap. just tell them you would be going from the cd sized to a guitar sized. bringing examples will help a lot. i had to buy one to connect my mic to my computer input. make sure it is a stereo, not a mono.

Thanks fellow stringsman :)

Stereo is signified by the two black lines right?

Cos the headphones I put into my amp are top quality and the adapter is a stereo plug... but all the sound comes into the left ear???

annoying but I've just gotten used to it!

It is definitely a stereo jack though!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • yes, stereo is 2 black lines, mono is one.