Ed's tone on the Borgata "Gone"

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
its just beautiful... i aint no purist or anything but if he makes that sound via guitar and amp alone then thats just beautiful... no effects, just a lovely tone through his amp levels..

I'm trying to get my mini Orange to do the same but I just cant get the warmth... maybe I should buy me one of those mini Epiphone valve amps... :)
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    I need to hear this song!
  • well your Orange most likely wont get that

eds using 70s Fender Tweeds i believe
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    that tone you have come to love, can be yours for just around $10,000...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    WES wrote:
    that tone you have come to love, can be yours for just around $10,000...

wow is that all.... i need a part-time job..... and a gun..... and an extremely cruel and cunning femme fatale of an accomplice..... oh and a bank owned by octogenerian grannies with sight problems.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    well your Orange most likely wont get that

eds using 70s Fender Tweeds i believe

I read somewhere he was using Fenders... 70's vintage must cost :eek:
  • yeah and then he added a vintage bassman in the middle during the SA tour, idk if it was 70s or not

but i found u can get that tone pretty nicely with a Boss BD-2, just turn the tone way down and use the neck pickup

i really didnt like eds tone this tour to be honest...i really liked the SG sound of 2003
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    yeah and then he added a vintage bassman in the middle during the SA tour, idk if it was 70s or not

but i found u can get that tone pretty nicely with a Boss BD-2, just turn the tone way down and use the neck pickup

i really didnt like eds tone this tour to be honest...i really liked the SG sound of 2003

i bought an SG on that very basis... that and the 2000 tour boots/dvd made my mind up when it came to it.. i tried out various guitars but I'm a sucker for the look of the SG as much as the sound of it.

I like the tone on the Gone track especially...but I'm not sure what he's playing guitar wise on this track!

I take it he's still pedal-free at the moment as well?
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    cjb5790 wrote:
    I need to hear this song!

http://www.pearljamlive.com

10/01/05 Live in Atlantic City (at The Borgata) I saw that in person front row...no joke! It was fucking amazing!!!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    A red Les Paul of some kind.

Edit - Pete Townshend LP deluxe

http://www.rockinn.co.jp/maniac/b2_gib_sig/02gib_pt_lp_dx.jpg
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    i think its the #3 maroon one, at least thats on the holiday single
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
    JD Sal wrote:

so its the no.1 les paul then... pretty sweet. No wonder it had such warmth.

is this from your own photo library? if so, thats pretty close ya jammy bugger ;)

just realised jammy bugger is a scottish thing... it means lucky bloke :)
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    so its the no.1 les paul then... pretty sweet. No wonder it had such warmth.

is this from your own photo library? if so, thats pretty close ya jammy bugger ;)

just realised jammy bugger is a scottish thing... it means lucky bloke :)

Haha, that pic is not from my personal library, however I was at the show and was about 10 rows, center stage.

I am a lucky bloke :)
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"