anyone heard or own one of the Vox Valvetronix AD series

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Vox Valvetronix AD range..

just wanted to get any feedback as to how good it really is?

its very cheap and appears to be able to do so much.

anyone recommend it???
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I just bought the ad50 for my son and although I am a drummer and can only play ironman on the guitar;) I think it is a great amp.

I was also considering the Roland Cube, Fender frontman, and Line 6 but went with Vox after some researching and trying a few of the other amps in it's price range.

paid $300 out the door
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I own an AD30VT. After owning a slew of modelling amps, I bought this for three reasons:

1. Tube - it has a pretty good tube preamp

2. Adjustable output wattage - I live in an apartment, I needed something that I could drive at 100%, but it needs to be quiet. The only way to acheive that is through super-low wattage. I can take this amp down to ~1 watt. I drive it at max volume at about 5 watts, and get a great overdriven sound out of it. Pure tube sound.

3. Modelling. There are tons of modelling amps out there. They all have a ton of features. This one doesn't have anything that those other amps don't have. But it's not complex. There are a handful of amp models ranging from super-clean, to gritty-rock to insane-modern-distortion. It pulls of those classic gritty-rock-overdrive sounds that so many other non-tube amps can't do.

It's a great amp for under $300. I'm not sure if it's road-worthy, but that's not a concern to me.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I own an AD30VT. After owning a slew of modelling amps, I bought this for three reasons:

1. Tube - it has a pretty good tube preamp

2. Adjustable output wattage - I live in an apartment, I needed something that I could drive at 100%, but it needs to be quiet. The only way to acheive that is through super-low wattage. I can take this amp down to ~1 watt. I drive it at max volume at about 5 watts, and get a great overdriven sound out of it. Pure tube sound.

3. Modelling. There are tons of modelling amps out there. They all have a ton of features. This one doesn't have anything that those other amps don't have. But it's not complex. There are a handful of amp models ranging from super-clean, to gritty-rock to insane-modern-distortion. It pulls of those classic gritty-rock-overdrive sounds that so many other non-tube amps can't do.

It's a great amp for under $300. I'm not sure if it's road-worthy, but that's not a concern to me.

thanks for posting kind sir...

its just for practice anyway, so it wont be leaving the hoose.

i'm incline to try out one of the DA5 vox amps they have just launched... 5W but you can set the power to 1W and not lose anything of the amp.. its got 11 amp models and 11 settings of some description... it got 5 stars in Total Guitar anyway and in the cons section they wrote "musn't grumble" all this for under £100 .... sweeeet :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.