maybe the coolest looking guitar ever...

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i know this will seem sacriligious to any vintage lovers but this is the coolest guitar on the planet. its some cheap korean thing but look at it!

http://www.dipintoguitars.com/guitars_belvedere-dlx.html
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sacrilege! Hehe, makes me think wild west cowboy styley.
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    Mike McCready's vintage strat would beat the shit out of that guitar. Though it is very shiny.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • enharmonic wrote:

Whereas these, not so wild west styley... More non-wild west styley...
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • 99% of gutiars with bigsby's tremolos look cool. I'm a big vintage fan, but I'm also a big fan of "different looking guitars", or retro looking guitars. I also love $2,000 les pauls, but am just as big of a fan as a $350 Gretch Beast, or a Peavey T-60, or something in that nature. Even that ibanez (cant think of the model #) that came out a year or so ago looks pretty cool.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I hear that. My guilty pleasure is the Schecter Diamond series. I think that they are very well made, high quality instruments for the $$. It's a shame that they are not just a bit more traditional looking, as I believe the quality of construction to be superior to the Epiphones and PRS SE's that a lot of people want.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    enharmonic wrote:
    I hear that. My guilty pleasure is the Schecter Diamond series. I think that they are very well made, high quality instruments for the $$. It's a shame that they are not just a bit more traditional looking, as I believe the quality of construction to be superior to the Epiphones and PRS SE's that a lot of people want.

me too, if the CSH hollowbodies were slightly more normal looking I'd have had one already. The diamond series guitars are phenominal for the money, they even have grover machines and seymour duncan pickups.

My only other complaint is the unchanging extremely flat fingerboard radius. I just prefer a little more rounded.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    i know this will seem sacriligious to any vintage lovers but this is the coolest guitar on the planet. its some cheap korean thing but look at it!

http://www.dipintoguitars.com/guitars_belvedere-dlx.html

That's actually a kick ass guitar made right here in Philadelphia.
    It's actually a high end mahogany knock off of a cheap plastic guitar! :D

DiPinto guitars is the coolest music store around. I go in there all the time, and know them well.They have a lot of weird and wonderous used guitars and amps in there.

I was in there once and I ran into Earl Slick, who was buying that very model guitar. Dick Dale bought one from them, too.

They are also the home of John Martin and Martone Amps. They're the greatest amps around. He takes some old ones and mods them, takes some old shells and fits in cool handmade amps, and builds some kick butt originals, too. He built me a one watt tube amp that is one of my favorites!

These guys play DiPinto guitars, too:

http://los.straitjackets.com/

You gotta see Los Straightjackets live. Tongue in cheek and fun surf music with the World Famous Pontini Sisters. You'll laugh and dance and have a blast!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart