krank 1/2 stack

EdIsMyIdol32EdIsMyIdol32 Posts: 40
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i just got a new krank 1/2 stack it sounds great.
if your looking to get a new amp go with krank
july 16th, 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i just got a new krank 1/2 stack it sounds great.
    if your looking to get a new amp go with krank

does it look anything like this?

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=2282000
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:

close but they actually sound good.

horrible name and aesthetic design though.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    no its red and has a siver metal front grid
    july 16th, 2006
  • Is the MetalHead going to be our new inside-joke?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Is the MetalHead going to be our new inside-joke?

the metalhead is the entire guitar playing world's inside joke. i don't know what the fuck fender is thinking. no one bought a roc-pro and no one's going to buy this either.

fender embarasses me sometimes. sort of like gibson with all their voodoo series shit.
  • Mig are you looking for some confirmation here? Should we start a poll?

Is the metalhead the new inside joke? yes no

heh
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    Is the MetalHead going to be our new inside-joke?

when I hear the word Krank, instantly I think of the MetalHead, flanked by CC Deville, Dave Mustaine, Kerry King and an arsenal of BC Rich guitars.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    no its red and has a siver metal front grid

can you post a link, I'd like to see one.
    http://www.krankamps.com/images/pic01-amps.gif

it's just marketed to the metal crowd mostly.
    exhausted wrote:
    http://www.krankamps.com/images/pic01-amps.gif

it's just marketed to the metal crowd mostly.

Honestly?

Thanks for the pic man. I've never actually come in contact with a Krank, you learn something new everyday I guess.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Honestly?

Thanks for the pic man. I've never actually come in contact with a Krank, you learn something new everyday I guess.

sort of a boutique metal amp.
    exhausted wrote:
    sort of a boutique metal amp.

sort of similar to Diezel I guess but focused more on high end gain and aesthetics.

No doubt Soldano SLO inspired. Rawk tone. \.../
  • exhausted wrote:
    no one bought a roc-pro and no one's going to buy this either.

Not only did I buy a Roc Pro...

I still have it.

Whatchoo got, Canada?
    Whatchoo got, Canada?

traynors. good ones.
    Not only did I buy a Roc Pro...

I still have it.

Whatchoo got, Canada?

maybe you still have it because it's impossible to sell. :p
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    maybe you still have it because it's impossible to sell. :p

That, or it's bullet-proof, cost me very little, and makes a GREAT back-up head.

And it doesn't even sound bad.

Doesn't sound good, either, but still...
    That, or it's bullet-proof, cost me very little, and makes a GREAT back-up head.

And it doesn't even sound bad.

Doesn't sound good, either, but still...

yeah, I know, own an ultimate chorus.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, I know, own an ultimate chorus.

At least mine has a tube.

I saw it, once...

If we're listing our sins, my first amp was a Fender Stage 100. And my drummer blew it up.
    At least mine has a tube.

I saw it, once...

If we're listing our sins, my first amp was a Fender Stage 100. And my drummer blew it up.

mine was a fender JAM. shoot me now.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    Kranks were the first tube amps that Dimebag Darrell really played on, and endorsed. I think he just started using them on the last damage plan tour, and I've heard they sound quite good for the metal stuff.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    these amps sound pretty damn good actually.....but they are a bit pricey....and look aite
    Shwn wrote:
    Kranks were the first tube amps that Dimebag Darrell really played on, and endorsed. I think he just started using them on the last damage plan tour, and I've heard they sound quite good for the metal stuff.

he was with Randall for quite a while when he played for Pantera right? I don't know that he actually played them though.

Krank is obviously a step up from anything Randall would build him.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    when I hear the word Krank, instantly I think of the MetalHead, flanked by CC Deville, Dave Mustaine, Kerry King and an arsenal of BC Rich guitars.

lol :p

spandex baby!
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
    pariah wrote:
    lol :p

spandex baby!

in retrospect I don't think spandex and CC deville should have been included, but that's what popped in my head.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    he was with Randall for quite a while when he played for Pantera right? I don't know that he actually played them though.

Krank is obviously a step up from anything Randall would build him.

For all the Pantera stuff he played on solid-state amps. Then in one of the guitar world issues I have he talked about how Krank amps were the first tube amps that he would play on. I think it said he used them for damage plan, but I'm not sure on that.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
    Shwn wrote:
    For all the Pantera stuff he played on solid-state amps. Then in one of the guitar world issues I have he talked about how Krank amps were the first tube amps that he would play on. I think it said he used them for damage plan, but I'm not sure on that.

yeah as far as I know he was using them with Damageplan.

I know he endorsed washburn and randall (Warhead) when he was with Pantera.

not that it matters anymore.

fuckin shame.