Gear For Benaroya Hall?

StairwayStairway Posts: 4
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I listened to disc 2 of Live at Benaroya Hall today and the acoustic songs sound like nothing I've heard before. In particular, "Parting Ways" and "Can't Keep", but also "Black" and "Daughter" and the other acoustic songs somewhat. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of guitar and/or effects were used to produce this sound. Thanks!
Swing on the Spiral.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• well, for Black i'm gong to assume that Stone is using a resonator...giving it that more metally sound.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    can't keep is a ukelele, of course.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Anyone know what kind of flanger is used on NAIS and another song (I cant recall which one)? It doesn't seem subtle enough for the Phase 90...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    pariah wrote:
    Anyone know what kind of flanger is used on NAIS and another song (I cant recall which one)? It doesn't seem subtle enough for the Phase 90...

it could easily be the Deluxe Memory Man or Sweep mod in the DL4. I can get a killer swirly flange sound out of that but who knows Mikes got the money to have anything.

The old MXR or DOD or Ibanez flangers will definately get that swirly sound.

The ultimate is probably the Foxrox Thru Zero Flanger (TZF) but it runs about three fifty.

Mike might have an MM4 also which definately would have those types of sounds in it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    :eek: holy skaffa I used to hate most Flange for the "Jet Swoosh" cliché but damn... that TZF has some amazing sounds in it. I'm going to have to spend the rest of the night contemplating on how I'm ever going to cough up 350 bucks within a short period of time...

GAS attack :) one day I will have it... saving €280 should be possible...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    pariah wrote:
    :o holy skaffa I used to hate most Flange for the "Jet Swoosh" cliché but damn... that TZF has some amazing sounds in it. I'm going to have to spend the rest of the night contemplating on how I'm ever going to cough up 350 bucks within a shourt period of time...

Dave Fox is a genius, The CC2 is my next major purchase after the Strat.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.