Need some help.....

T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I wanna get the sound that mike gets whenever he solos on Alive or Evenflow live, i realize ill need a wah wah pedal but wanted to know if i could acomplish it with my own effect pedals
I have a digitech RP80 with volume/wah pedal, and a zoom pedal and a regular distortion pedal
think i can get it or am i just going to have to buy a wah pedal
PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
My god he's been ate!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mike used his strat on that song. He also used the Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer and his Crybaby Wah so if your zoon pedal has those settings, it's possible. However, if you want those sounds, you might wanna chek out those pedals. http://www.giventowail.com has his set up. Just check out the gear section and that should help you out a little. Good luck man!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I had an RP80...worthless piece of shit :D...it doesnt give u a true wah sound

its not just the effects, its the tone he has as well

if your working with an RP80 and a solid state amp...most likely it wont work out
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • the single most overlooked pedal in mikes sound is what you need. Chorus!!!!

his real creamy sound comes from a chorus set with mid width, and a slightly fast speed. You'll know what i mean once your getting some mad crunch out of your strat and overdrive, and once you get that wah up swept into the high octaves, the creamy chorus just gives you that signature mccready "howl/wail" that he gets during live solos. I use it ALL the time.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    the single most overlooked pedal in mikes sound is what you need. Chorus!!!!

his real creamy sound comes from a chorus set with mid width, and a slightly fast speed. You'll know what i mean once your getting some mad crunch out of your strat and overdrive, and once you get that wah up swept into the high octaves, the creamy chorus just gives you that signature mccready "howl/wail" that he gets during live solos. I use it ALL the time.

I definitley need to try that tomorrow.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • the single most overlooked pedal in mikes sound is what you need. Chorus!!!!

Doesn't he get that from the Uni-Vibe? I don't doubt you for a second that it isnt chorus but he hasn't been sighted for using a specific chorus pedal but mainly the uni-vibe. His Signal flows show the uni-vibe, thats just what I usually go off of- that and GTW.
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Mike used his strat on that song. He also used the Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer and his Crybaby Wah so if your zoon pedal has those settings, it's possible. However, if you want those sounds, you might wanna chek out those pedals. http://www.giventowail.com has his set up. Just check out the gear section and that should help you out a little. Good luck man!
    cool thanks for the help
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • Doesn't he get that from the Uni-Vibe? I don't doubt you for a second that it isnt chorus but he hasn't been sighted for using a specific chorus pedal but mainly the uni-vibe. His Signal flows show the uni-vibe, thats just what I usually go off of- that and GTW.

thats from 1998 though

he's using a line 6 mm4 now

Sennin had a pic of his board from the ccfa 2006 and mike has the different footswitches labeled on the mm4

edit: found it...the big blue box is the mm4, you cant make out the writting but it is labeled

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/goodtruant/CCFA06/Dsc01915.jpg
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • sennin wrote:

That's the picture I was looking for
  • yeah he used to use a cs-9, god only knwos where the pic is. He cahsed int he univibe and tremelo/vibrato for the big blue box. I have one, love it. I use it for a slow chours, then still use my cs-9 for the "cream in the pants" effect. LOVE IT!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • thats from 1998 though

he's using a line 6 mm4 now

Sennin had a pic of his board from the ccfa 2006 and mike has the different footswitches labeled on the mm4

edit: found it...the big blue box is the mm4, you cant make out the writting but it is labeled

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/goodtruant/CCFA06/Dsc01915.jpg

Hey man, thanks. I love that sound. Can I possibly get it from either my DOD ice box chorus or my danelectro Milkshake chorus? Oh, how did you get thos pictures and can you possibly send me more?
  • Hey,
    Thanks a lot for sharring the pictures. I appreaciate it!
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    try a vox v847 wah if yorur still looking for one
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go