Graph Tech Nut and Saddles

OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was looking to replace my saddles and nut with a Graph Tech product. Any experience with them? The saddles are straight forward, but how does one replace a nut? (all jokes aside)

I have a 2007 Mex Strat, looking to cut down on buzzing and maybe a better sound.
BRING BACK THE WHALE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    I was looking to replace my saddles and nut with a Graph Tech product. Any experience with them? The saddles are straight forward, but how does one replace a nut? (all jokes aside)

I have a 2007 Mex Strat, looking to cut down on buzzing and maybe a better sound.

i had the saddles on an am std tele (only pointing that out since they aren't vintage saddles in the first place). i eventually took them off since i feel they sounded a little "dead" in some ways. i did have the nut as well and it did seem to improve the whole string binding issue somewhat.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • I've had the GraphTech StringSaver saddles on my guitar for a couple of years now and they're fantastic. Improved sustain and I rarely snap strings anymore. The one thing I would say is that they "darken" your tone slightly, but this suited me as I had a very bright Strat-style guitar with singlecoils.