Head Phones

OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone recommend a good set of headphones? I will be using them with my Strat and Fender 25R amp.
BRING BACK THE WHALE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Just be careful.

It is really easy to cause serious hearing damage with headphones, with the high SPL's delivered direct to your ears. I briefly tried them for quiet practice, but ear pain stopped me quick.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    - Get something with a flat response (none of those added bass or turbo bass headphones that you'd use for an I-Pod/CD).
    - Those type of headphones really muddy things up - you'll actually want the signal to be as pure and clean as possible.
    - I'd suggest headphones you'd mix with, or just a decent pair of monitor or reference headphones - some are inexpensive.
    - The best reference for everyday use will have a range around 20Hz to 20kHz - don't go overboard on range because you can't
    hear above or below these frequencies (feel yes, hear no), but you do need certain frequecies to help establish space/depth.
    - You'll probably want to start around $50 - these are fine start: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-RH5MA-Headphones?sku=240203
    - Here you go, this is page 3, you can scroll up from this point: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/headphones-headsets-audio-recording-equipment?N=100001+304898&Ns=P_Price%7c0&page=3
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I've been using a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 headphones for my Pod, and I've been pretty happy with them.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Very cool, thank you.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE