Wiring layout for Jeff's Modulus Jazz

dirty_frank_85dirty_frank_85 Posts: 12
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
anybody have any clue as to how his pickups are wired?

interesting to see how he uses both the two jazz pickups and a humbucker all in one bass...

anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If anyone would know it would probably be Mike Lull.

I forget his website, just google it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    he uses a GB4C as the neck pick up,the jazz p.u.'s are 94J's and the electronics are the NTBT all by bartolini.

the knobs are volume,volume,volume and a stacked tone control.i cant find my paper work to find the size,but the humbucker pot is bigger than the jazz pots.

i think the humbucker adds a lot of warmth to the sound,but by themselves the jazz pickups sound a bit thin compared to how they sounded before i added the humbucker.

i set this bass up like this in 2000 and got the parts from lull's shop,but i didnt do the installation myself....so i cant give any more info than this.
  • the unseen wrote:
    he uses a GB4C as the neck pick up,the jazz p.u.'s are 94J's and the electronics are the NTBT all by bartolini.

the knobs are volume,volume,volume and a stacked tone control.i cant find my paper work to find the size,but the humbucker pot is bigger than the jazz pots.

i think the humbucker adds a lot of warmth to the sound,but by themselves the jazz pickups sound a bit thin compared to how they sounded before i added the humbucker.

i set this bass up like this in 2000 and got the parts from lull's shop,but i didnt do the installation myself....so i cant give any more info than this.

Sorry to bring up an old tread, but I'm looking to add a pickup like Jeff's to my Geddy Lee Sig. Jazz bass to add a bit of warmth and allow it to produce a more varied tone.

I checked out Bartolini's website and I couldn't find the GB4C that you talked about, are you sure this is the right model number? Or is it out of production now?

Thanks for any help.