Slow Version of "Go"

cinredzfan47cinredzfan47 Posts: 81
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, I've been working on the solo to "Go" on Vs. and I'm having trouble hearing whats going at the beginning (after the 15b17 bit). Obviously this is because it is so fast. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to slow the song down (I don't know if this is even possible) so I could better distinguish the individual notes. This may sound like a dumb question, I don't even know if such a thing is possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gatefoldgatefold Posts: 28
    there is a piece of equipment that tascam make that you put a cd into and it slows songs down without changing the pitch so you can figure them out. im not sure what its called buti've seen it advertised in guitar mags for a while. maybe try checking out their website.
  • I hope youre not trying to play this solo exactly as McCready...?

heres what he does:

play on the scale really really really fast with a wah pedal slurring everything together and end in the right time on a proper note.

just practice it a lot till you get the hang of it :)

as for that device gatefold mentioned, thats really cool, id love to play around with something like that :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I hope youre not trying to play this solo exactly as McCready...?

heres what he does:

play on the scale really really really fast with a wah pedal slurring everything together and end in the right time on a proper note.

just practice it a lot till you get the hang of it :)

as for that device gatefold mentioned, thats really cool, id love to play around with something like that :cool:

Haha, yeah, I'm not tyring to play it just like McCready. Although that would be a good joke to use with my friends, "hey guys, watch me play the "go" solo..." they'd laugh until it hurt.

But anyway, thanks for the help. I will have to check out that device.
  • my mp3 player has built in software that allows me to slow down music i am listening to.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • my mp3 player has built in software that allows me to slow down music i am listening to.
    i believe something as simple as Windows Media Player allows you to do that as well.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV