"Candyshop" by 50 Cent

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,843
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am not a rap or hip hop fan by any means. I don't listen to it. But for some reason I was watching television and picked up my guitar and subconsciously I played the Candyshop riff. It was rather fun. So I dug deaper, went to mtv.com to play the song, and I started playing along. Threw in a little distortion, an octave pedal, and even a flanger (cause i like to get crazy). I must say, it was a good time. The video is not too shabby either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have to admit a guilty pleasure in strumming along with "Hey Ya" even though it's the same four chords... Over and over and over...
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • I have to admit a guilty pleasure in strumming along with "Hey Ya" even though it's the same four chords... Over and over and over...

That is a fun one.
  • im guilty of subconciously playing "beat it" by micheal jackson one day hahaha!, its not enirely a bad riff.
  • plinnplinn Posts: 30
    i gotta buddy who used to play the 90210 theme song on his guitar
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    great, now i have candyshop in my head for the rest of the day....
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I have to admit a guilty pleasure in strumming along with "Hey Ya" even though it's the same four chords... Over and over and over...

Hey Ya is a really good song. I mean, a really well made song... nothing wrong with liking that. My band used to do an acoustic cover of that song... everyone seemed to enjoy the novelty of that.
    There's No Code.
  • I always play along with the King of the Hill theme song when it comes on tv.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • plinnplinn Posts: 30
    thatgirl wrote:
    great, now i have candyshop in my head for the rest of the day....

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    plinn wrote:
    i gotta buddy who used to play the 90210 theme song on his guitar

John Mayer had a special on VH1 last year, some kind of talk show/comedy thing (he is really funny, as well as being an underrated guitar player IMO) and he was playing the theme song to 90210 during a sound check. He then slowed it down and played solo and said soemthing like, "This is a little number we call Brandon gets into a drunk driving accident, but thank God no one was hurt."