Anyone else think Mike has ditched the echo/delay on this tour?

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,843
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
From the 3 shows I've heard, it sounds like Mike hasn't been using the echo/delay/rotovibe effect as liberally as he used it. Anyone else notice this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• .......Nobody?
  • well he used to use it half the time in even flow for his solo but even flow is now shorter

idk

i havent really noticed although i love his delay sound...he really hasnt had a chance i guess to play it...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Mike with a delay is heaven...

i hope not.

he never really used it a lot anyway.. maybe on the binaural tour.. he should use it more.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • this tour, not many of the songs they are playing are really "delay-friendly".

But when he does use it...mmmm, gorgeous.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • this tour, not many of the songs they are playing are really "delay-friendly".

But when he does use it...mmmm, gorgeous.

My favorite is on the St Louis 03 boot. At the end of his Black solo, he speeds up is echo, raising the pitch, and just when you think its as high as it can go he dumps it all the way back down, creating this gurgly effect. It just made that solo so memorable. He has done it a few times at other shows, but that is the best on I have heard. I think he uses it on Black in Lubbock 00. I kinda creates a spacey sound with it. Like freakin laser beams er something.
  • I'm not a big fan of Mike's rotovibe and delay in a live setting. One exception has to be his tone on the Crown of Thorns solo from the MSG DVD. The slowed down part at about 4:00 minutes in (studio version) with his Les Paul and a little delay has to be some of the best tone I've heard from him. I orgasm every time I hear it.
  • Immortality, self pollution 95.

go now.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV