Gonna get a new guitar and was wondering what some of you thought of this...

release30release30 Posts: 2,051
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Its cool guitar. But I guess im a purist when it comes to that. Im not much into the robot guitar.

But thats just me
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    If you are a purist, you will hate the idea of a self-tuning guitar. If you like innovations and are ok with the whole idea of it, it's freaking awesome.

Personally, I do not want one, but I do see the allure.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    You should go for it if you like the idea. I'd be interested to hear what someone thinks of one first-hand.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    I think it's a very useful tool.... for a gigging musician who is at the level where he or she has loads of gigs... but no guitar tech... likes to play one instrument in a set.... not a few different ones.... who doesn't want to waste a lot of time tuning on stage... and who actually has a substantial amount of material that involves multiple tunings. For THAT guy or gal this thing is a hands down MUST HAVE home run!

For anyone else (including me) it's kind of a strange way to waste money that could go to other kinds of gear. But again... if you meet the above description this thing is definitely for you.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I want one right after I can afford the self-wiping ass.

Until then, I can handle tuning. *twist, twist* DAMN! Too sharp! *twist, twist* DAMN! Too flat! *twist, twist* If only they made a robot...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    When I played in my old band, I always brought at least two guitars to gigs and kept one in standard tuning and one in open G. When playing Stones music, the open tuning songs sounded much better on a telecaster and the standard tuning songs (at least Ronnie Wood/Mick Taylor/Brian Jones parts) always worked best with a Gibson (Taylor era) or a Strat for the Wood/Jones songs. I also liked having a "spare" on stage in case a string busts in the middle of a song or any such emergency.

I can see the allure of a self tuning guitar, but I'd never be caught performing without a backup guitar.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    if you like it go for it
    i would never buy one myself though
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    The initial runof those robots had major failure issues with the master knob coming off, and breaking the ribbon connector.
    I would do some good research on how well they have addressed that issue.
    Music is not a competetion.