Dissident - The Guitar In This Song Is Sweet

armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Oh man, the guitar in Dissident sounds so sweet. I think I'm going to piss my pants it's so awesome. Does anyone know how I can acheive an effect like that? (I'm a newbie to guitar fx, please don't laugh or anything)
Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• well it seems pretty clean, maybe a boost or a tiny bit of overdrive. A clean sort of classic overdrive should do it I would think.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • I'd consider a compressor pedal too.
    Not a cheesy one though.
    Just something to round it out a tad and give it that extra oomph -- SUSTAIN.

Oh,
    and PLAY IT LOUD.

I would agree though,
    this is a rather effect free song.
    I wouldn't go crankin' up the tubescreamer to high for this one :)

Or hell, try that anyway.
    But the verse is definately pretty dang clean.
    Just strum that C chord while hammering the E on the D string, pick the chord back from the high C to the D string, then pick E - D - C on D\C strings, then slide up to 3rd positon to monkey around with the g and b strings for some picking of a C chord to a C sus4 to sus2 to c to sus2 Cno3rd

Read the tab, much simpler than all that crap i wrote.

oh, dont forget your hammer ons in the chorus from 12 to 14 then bend from 14 to 16
    WAIL AWAY mang.

The breakdown is way fun too.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i love how simple the lead riff is too. i worked it out in 2 seconds. the moment i played dissident for the first time i just grabbed my guitar.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"