Yellow Ledbetter Solo

armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
... rocks.

I realise it's not a very hard solo (I've been playing for only a year and I can play it), but it's VERY VERY fun to play! Especially when you make up your own parts of it. My guitar teacher and I were playing this song a few weeks ago, and he kept on soloing until right after the breakdown (e-11-12-7-11-12-5), it sounded so awesome. I wish I had a recorder with me..

Anyway, the entire song is awesome to play. can anyone here relate?
Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ... rocks.

I realise it's not a very hard solo (I've been playing for only a year and I can play it), but it's VERY VERY fun to play! Especially when you make up your own parts of it. My guitar teacher and I were playing this song a few weeks ago, and he kept on soloing until right after the breakdown (e-11-12-7-11-12-5), it sounded so awesome. I wish I had a recorder with me..

Anyway, the entire song is awesome to play. can anyone here relate?

Me me me! I've only been playing for a year or so also and I looove playing Ledbetter. Although I haven't actually ventured to giving the solo a go. I just love playing the intro, although I know it doesn't sound exactly the same. I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to play my favouritest song in the whole wide world!

Damn! I wish you had a recorder with you! That's so cool.
    ---VIVA LA VINYL---

Spin The Black Circle

---VIVA LA VINYL---
  • yeah, it doesn't matter if you play it fret for fret, PJ plays it differently each time anyway. it would get boring if it was exactly the same every time! but i think the original version has the best solo (compared to Benaroya, Live at the Garden, etc)

Give the solo a go! it's fairly easy to learn, and once you learn most of it you can just improv.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    my favourite is probably the one on the daughter single. it's the first one i heard. i don't like the whammy bar in the studio version too much.
  • the best way to play this song (pj have done this before, check east troy 03) is to finish to outro with the actual little wing riff, its such a cool alternative.

Solos come from the heart, learn that scale (key of e flat i think? in either case your starting hitting 9 and 12 on the e string in the pneumonic scale) and go for it :cool:

this song (and little wing for that matter) never get old
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    I play it in my band now and although a lot of fun, it's pretty basic. The recorded solo on the single is pretty bland but tasteful. Funny thiing, Guitar World gave it props as one of the most emotionless (or something) solos from Mike McCready. I had to chuckle at that.
  • I play it in my band now and although a lot of fun, it's pretty basic. The recorded solo on the single is pretty bland but tasteful. Funny thiing, Guitar World gave it props as one of the most emotionless (or something) solos from Mike McCready. I had to chuckle at that.

Ha! What a bunch of dicks! They couldn't have been serious?! This song can make me cry... But then... I'm a f#cking sook.
    ---VIVA LA VINYL---

Spin The Black Circle

---VIVA LA VINYL---
  • Pj and toast: I haven't heard Little Wing, but is it the outtro on Live at the Garden, where it sounds like (is he?) doing harmonics? Because that is awesome, and I haven't been able to find tabs for it anywhere.

Well anyway, the scale is Emaj C#Minor:

e
    9-11-12
    b
    9-10-12
    g
    9-11
    d
    9-11
    a---7-9-11
    e-0

9-11 9-11 9-11, hmmm. Me smells a conspiracy.

Oh yeah, I think Guitar World called it "Yellow Bedwetter" or something, and said the solo is "Donkey crap" (this is what I recall, search for the thread and correct me if I'm wrong)