Guitar riff you could play all day long

armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I would say rearviewmirror intro or Yellow Ledbetter. I find myself playing Ledbetter without even realizing I'm moving my hands, all the riffs in there are like instinct for me now. What riff could you play all day long?

Other riffs I like are Baba O'Riley (the e-11-12-14 thingey) and 'Down' solo #1 and probably some others I forgot.

(I know the Down solo isn't a riff though)
Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mike's riff near the end of Porch is always a good time. You know, the cool little solo ditty while ed is singing (touch you, hold you, feel you in my arms never again, yeah yeah)

yeah, it's fun.

I also love playing Paranoid Android...the rythm, the solos, it's all a good time.

and the intro to Bone Machine by the Pixies is fun too.

i dunno...there are so many...
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    The riffs/songs I find myself playing the most are Corduroy, Long Road, Alive, Hail Hail, Sometimes, Animal, RVM, STBC, Whipping and a few others.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • My old standby, Back in Black intro. I love that !
    " A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
    Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Every time I pick up a guitar, it seems like I've got to play the intro to Alive. Also Fade To Black, thats a fun one.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Roundabout, it has both a solid bass riff and guitar riff.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • lately its been 'QOTSA - Tangled up in plaid'... that C tuning is so slinky and cool, i love it
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The Ocean - Led Zeppelin
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    My old standby, Back in Black intro. I love that !

I was going to say the same thing... pretty much any AC/DC riff is worth playing all day!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I am Mine, Intro to Over the Hills and Far Away, or the intro to carry on wayward son......
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    yea both those zeppelin songs for me. oh and the no rain riff.
  • I Am Mine
    Every Breath You Take (Police)
    Rearviewmirror
    It's Ok (PJ version)
    The Future (Leonard Cohen)
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Posts: 662
    I play led better constantly too! I think my roommate wants to shoot me some times.
    The most remarkable thing about you standing in the doorway, is that its you, and that you're standing in the doorway.

I write down good reasons to freeze to death in my spiral ring notebook. But in the long tresses of your hair--I am a babbling brook.
  • Alright...I'm always playing Black and Evenflow...Animal and Courdoroy too Yellow Ledbetter is instinct too.

As for non-PJ, Machinehead and Glycerine by Bush, and Welcome to the Jungle by GnR.
    "Speaking as a child of the nineties..."

It's been real, and it's been fun -- but it hasn't been real fun.

Ed!!! Bring back the stage dives!!!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'm always playin Alive, Betterman, and to a lesser extent Back in Black and Roadhouse Blues too.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Oh so many:Electric
    Light Up the Sky-Van Halen
    Whole Lotta Love-Zep...the first riff I play everytime I p/u a guitar
    Coast to Coast-Scorpions
    Sunflower-A song from a past band life

Acoustic:
    Love Song-Tesla...the opening piece
    Wish you were here-Pink Floyd
    Machinehead-Bush...love how it sounds acoustic
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• bebopbebop Posts: 2
    (Bassist here)

WMA
    Blood
    Ramble on (Zeppelin)
    Heart of the Sunrise (Yes) mostly the spacey jam
    YYZ (Rush)
    Haitian Fight Song (Charles Mingus)
    Is there anybody out there who loves my jesus, Dracula, House Mop (Medeski, Martin and Wood)
  • StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Go
    DTE
    Geek USA - Pumpkins
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • anything on the meat puppet's huevos, it's all so catchy and could play out the cd over and over again, especially automatic mojo...
    for pearl jam tunes, i think i could play last exit until my fingers bleed
  • i play also play yellow ledbetter nearly every time i pick a guitar, the solo too. also black dog by zeppelin, i could play that main riff all day.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    The Mars Volta - Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt
  • corduroy. any positon you play it in, it sounds good. keep finding myself playing "needle and the damage done". experiment alot with that one, but it never sounds exactly right.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    The Mars Volta - Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt

Is there an accurate tab for that anywhere? Great song
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • SOLATfanSOLATfan Posts: 3
    I usually bust out some........

State of love and trust
    black
    Do the evolution (love the hallejuah stone part)
    wishlist
    rearviewmirror
    ROCKIN IN THE FREE WORLD (Everytime i ever play)
    Crazy Train
    Alive
    Betterman

ok thats it for now
  • Ledbetter, Santeria, all the E major stuff is great

let's also mention the In Hiding riff, never get tired of that one
    hate was just a legend
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    what the hell have i? - alice in chains. i literally played that riff all day long yesterday.
  • Besides most of the ones already posted, I'd have to add
    Man in the Box - AIC
    Stardog Champion - Mother Love Bone
    Garden - PJ
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."