I need new cables and a music stand

armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can someone recommend some brands for me? I know Monster Cable is good. I'll just go to Guitar Center in Houston, but does anyone have recommendations?
Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Can someone recommend some brands for me? I know Monster Cable is good. I'll just go to Guitar Center in Houston, but does anyone have recommendations?

george L's and Planet Waves are good too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    monster cable is a rip off. if you are really picky get oxygen free all copper wire with gold plated connectors. (which is what monster cable is and nothing more)

personally i make all my own cables because its a lot cheaper than buying the prepackaged ones.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    fuck monster. bastards.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    George L is great for cables you won't plug and unplug a lot (i.e. pedalboard). Planet Waves has great cables for the price, and they last well. Best cable on the planet is Mogami, and you can usually find Mogami Silver for a reasonable price. Monster is a little bit of a rip-off, but they aren't terrible. There are just better cables out there. (I'd still play a monster cable before a peavey cable)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Whirlwind cables are great quality and they can take a lot of punishment. A local guitar shop owner told me once that he's been using the whirlwind cables for over 20 years and they still worked as well as the day he got them.

Not heard of mogami though, I'll give them a look.
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Whirlwind cables are great quality and they can take a lot of punishment. A local guitar shop owner told me once that he's been using the whirlwind cables for over 20 years and they still worked as well as the day he got them.

Not heard of mogami though, I'll give them a look.

Whirlwind makes great stage cables. Rapco also makes pretty good stage cables. Mogami has a reputation for being THE studio cable.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
    exhausted wrote:
    fuck monster. bastards.

please elaborate.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    they overcharge excessively. for instance i work in a place that sells cable by the foot: monster cable costs 1.19 a foot, while a cable of equal quality costs around 30-60 cents a foot. and thats not even the prepacked ones with the connectors on it, thats just the cable. basically all monster is is a name like alienware for computers, its good but excessively overpriced.