Matt Cameron - Triple Threat

armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Someday, I hope to be as good a musician as Matt. He's an excellent drummer, a better guitarist than me (as heard on 'You Are') (and I've been playing for 3 years!) and he sings too. Yeah, that's all.. I just felt like posting cuz I haven't in a while.
Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ellroyellroy Posts: 39
    just keep playing and some day you will rock like matt
    its evolution baby!!!
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    a musician that's actually educated, or someone thats self-taught?
    I need to finish writing.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    He's a jack-of-all-trades, for sure.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Someday, I hope to be as good a musician as Matt. He's an excellent drummer, a better guitarist than me (as heard on 'You Are') (and I've been playing for 3 years!) and he sings too. Yeah, that's all.. I just felt like posting cuz I haven't in a while.

I never knew that about 'You Are'. very interesting.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Matt' been singing, playing guitar, and playing drums for over 20 years. Don't be so hard on yourself. 3 years isn't much time to become great...unless you're some kind of prodigy :)
  • ellroyellroy Posts: 39
    yeah dude

you are is a very difficult song to play on the drums, i tried it for a wile but MAN it is hard
    its evolution baby!!!
    how's matt cameron doing in the 2nd leg of the tour?
    why isn't he doing solos during evenflow? he's so good at coordinating and complementing with the rest of the song's sound, it would be cool....if he did his own drum solo's....that is if he enjoyed it, and wanted too.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    CenterCity wrote:
    how's matt cameron doing in the 2nd leg of the tour?
    why isn't he doing solos during evenflow? he's so good at coordinating and complementing with the rest of the song's sound, it would be cool....if he did his own drum solo's....that is if he enjoyed it, and wanted too.

he had a short solo in evenflow at the cincy show sat nite.
    does anyone know how he got into drums; the music field? ---cause obviously he made a good choice :)
    did he always know that, thats what he wanted to do.....since from a young age?
    So...Thanks. :)
  • Matt actually started as a jazz drummer. You can tell with his speed and finesse. The guy is a freaking machine.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    yeah but can he dance? really that is the most important threat in the triple threat.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    random Matt question: I always assumed he just used a single bass pedal, but it seemed like he had a double pedal at storytellers. Does anyone know if he has started using a double bass pedal?
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • applewormappleworm Posts: 6
    Matt does not use a double pedal.
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    bucket1988 wrote:
    random Matt question: I always assumed he just used a single bass pedal, but it seemed like he had a double pedal at storytellers. Does anyone know if he has started using a double bass pedal?

you prob noticed his left leg bouncing on the hi hat to keep time.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • I second that...Matt does not use a double bass pedal. I believe he he used a DW 5000 series to be exact.
    He's so quick he can fool you. Sometimes I swear he was using a double.
    hi matt fans,
    people at porch said that drum magazine is now out with him on the cover.