WAH pedal help

black_geoblack_geo Posts: 31
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm just thinking of buying a Dunlop Wah just like the one Morello uses!ANy other recommendations?
If I would, would you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Yep. Don't.

I'm no expert by any means, but I would be shocked to learn that his is a stock waw pedal. Those dunlop wah's aren't so hot IMHO.

My best advice to you would be to NOT buy a piece of gear just because someone you like plays it. Buy it because it does what you need it to do, and furthers your own artistic expression.

If you must have the Dunlop, you can always change the inductor, and wire it up for true bypass. I have had two of the, and they added noise to my signal.

There are a lot of cool wah's out there. Try as many as you can before you make a decision. :)
  • I bought a Crybaby 535Q because Mike uses one.....I like it, but the VOX Wah's are amazing too. They're pretty expensive though, which was another reason I got the 535 :)

I do like it alot though.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Vox V847 Period
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I've got the Vox McCoy wah and haven't had any complaints about it.
  • In my opinion Morley Wha's are the best. They are Optical so they are quiet, and the 'step ON' fucntion really is something.

Try the Morley Tremonti, is quite the sound that Mikes uses!

Johnny
    (Portugal)
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    In my opinion Morley Wha's are the best. They are Optical so they are quiet, and the 'step ON' fucntion really is something.

Try the Morley Tremonti, is quite the sound that Mikes uses!

Johnny
    (Portugal)

When I was trying out Wah's I played with the Morley Bad Horsie 2.....the sweep was great but I found that the step on function almost cut out as soon as you stepped off??

Like you could hear it cut back to clean when it disengaged??

That's what I didn't like......
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • When I was trying out Wah's I played with the Morley Bad Horsie 2.....the sweep was great but I found that the step on function almost cut out as soon as you stepped off??

Like you could hear it cut back to clean when it disengaged??

That's what I didn't like......

Yeah but tahts the default setting. There's a trim pot inside that regulates that. Its easy, I've done it
  • sammicussammicus Posts: 6
    you should definitely check out the handmade wah pedals made by Geoffrey Teese. http://www.realmccoycustom.com - more expensive than a dunlop but you'll be happy in the long run. I have the Picture wah and it is incredible. Great tone, true bypass, it is not cheesy at all it sounds great.
  • sinksink Posts: 5
    I have a plain Crybaby that is about 9 years old, wow, any who it sounds great to me. The Vox are good, though pricey. Not a fan of Morely, especially anything associated with Creed. Ha. Definately try a lot of them out first. The right answer is what sounds good to you.
    Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side. Anonymous.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    sammicus wrote:
    you should definitely check out the handmade wah pedals made by Geoffrey Teese. http://www.realmccoycustom.com - more expensive than a dunlop but you'll be happy in the long run. I have the Picture wah and it is incredible. Great tone, true bypass, it is not cheesy at all it sounds great.

Yep, the Pic Wah is the tone all you guys are after and you will actually end up saving a few hundred by buying it since you wont wind up replaceing numerous other wahs ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board