"You Are" effect?

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi everyone,can anyone shed anymore light on the pedal that SG uses on this song?I've seen the picture on the http://www.giventowail.com site but there is very little info about it?All that is says on there is Sansamp Classic and Rhythm Machine?The Sansamp pedal is a preamp pedal i know but what make is the rhythm machine?!?!
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    He uses a drum machine for the staccato effect.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    And if it's the main effect you are talking about, which I assume you are (no pun intended), then I believe it's actually Mike who plays it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    BinFrog wrote:
    And if it's the main effect you are talking about, which I assume you are (no pun intended), then I believe it's actually Mike who plays it.

incorrect.

stone plays it live

cameron played it in the studio.

mike just uses some delay and a wah with some tasty guitar fills.
  • BinFrog wrote:
    He uses a drum machine for the staccato effect.
    how the hell does that work then?!i'm confused?!?!:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • The drum machine in question (I read somewhere that it's a Korg) has an intrument input that allows the drum pattern to dictate how the sound is processed. Basically, when the drum machine is set to play drum sounds, the instrument signal will pass through and be heard, when there is no drum sound playing, the instrument is muted. To put it even simpler, the drum machine works like a very precise synchronized tremolo effect.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • The drum machine in question (I read somewhere that it's a Korg) has an intrument input that allows the drum pattern to dictate how the sound is processed. Basically, when the drum machine is set to play drum sounds, the instrument signal will pass through and be heard, when there is no drum sound playing, the instrument is muted. To put it even simpler, the drum machine works like a very precise synchronized tremolo effect.
    thanks for that!That is clever shit man!
    Cornell pwns u
  • i was going to theorize that stone had a kill switch on his guitar a la buckethead and was running through a tremolo effect. but dontgimmenolips response seems even more feasible in a live setting.

sorry to bump such an old thread, but i didn't want to create a new one if i didn't have to.

edit: jesus christ there's even a thread stickied for this crap. im so sorry.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    20 bucks says Matt was stoned when he came up with that riff :D